cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Back button in Nested Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have redesigned my model from one iview to an iview with several nested iviews.

In my main iview I have multiple layers. When I didn't use nested iviews (situation before) the "go back" button which was defined on multiple forms with the system command "go back history" was working fine. But now this is not working anymore.

At first I tried to replace the method by adding an own button with the customer command "goback" identical to event goback that points to the layer but this doesn't work neither from within the nested iview.

What's the best approach to jump back via a button from the nested iview to your main iview ?

Message was edited by:

Double U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> In my main iview I have multiple layers.

> At first I tried to replace the method by adding an

> own button with the customer command "goback"

> identical to event goback that points to the layer

> but this doesn't work neither from within the nested

> iview.

Let me explain what i had understood ...

You have multiple layers and you added a nested iView in one of the layers.

There is a button with custom action "GoBack" in the nested iView.

The layers are connected and the customaction goback is set as the event for layer transition.

Is this the real scenario??

I guess, you can't use the custom action of a nested iView to control the layer transitioning in the parent level. But you can add a transparent form with a goback button on the same layer with nested iView and in layout, keep the form on top of the nested iView so that the button looks like its in the nested iView.

Regards,

Sooraj

Message was edited by:

Sooraj KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soorary,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You understood my question right. I have an iview with several layers. In one of these layers there is a nested iview and I want to put a button "back" in it that goes back to a layer from the main iview.

Actually I was first hoping to use the system action "go back history". I thought this should work, even in a nested iview but appaerently not ? (it always worked when I didn't use nested iviews).

This is really a huge problem. I will take a look at your suggested workarount but all other hints are more then welcome !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just some feedback. The suggested alternative works but this has one disadvantage : my back button used to be in the middle of the screen on a form. Now I have to place above my frame in the upper left corner. My screen alread contains a lot of data so this is consuming useless space and the end-users will surely want the button on a more logical place. So if any other advice is known to get the system or user command working within the nested iview to go back to the main layer please share

PS : Have assigned points for this very good hint

Message was edited by:

Double U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Just some feedback. The suggested alternative works

> but this has one disadvantage : my back button used

> to be in the middle of the screen on a form. Now I

> have to place above my frame in the upper left

> corner. My screen alread contains a lot of data so

> this is consuming useless space and the end-users

> will surely want the button on a more logical place.

Can't you change the position of back button in the layout view to a more logical place?

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I had to do is put the button in my main iview just above the nested iview. I'd like to have it in the middle of my nested iview in a form but I don't see how this is possible because you trick implies that the button must be placed in the main iview just around the nested iview but not inside. Or do you know if I can somehow move in in the nested iview in the layout ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Button can be within the nested iView by using the following steps. You may have to do some trial and error to fix it in the correct position

1) Add a Form View in the layer where nested iView resides.

2) Make the Form View FrameStyle = Transparent

3) Add a Push button to the Form View and set Action = History Back system action.

4) In layout View, drag the form view on top of nested iView. (i think you had kept the form above the nested iView, its not the way, keep the top and left of both Form and nested iView on the same position)

5) Now if you run this, the transparent form will not be visible and the button in it will look like its inside the nested iView.

6) you can position the button in nested iView by fixing its position in Form View

Regards,

Sooraj

5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once more !!!

I see what you mean now, but is it true that placing the button (form) in the nested iview is a pure gamble ?

When I take the layout for the layer concerned I don't see the exact content (layout) of the nested iview of this layer but I can drop the button somewhere on the nested Iview window. If I am very lucky and try a couple of times this will be ok but is there a better way of doing this ? When I take the nested iview in layout mode I can't see the frame there so that's not an alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats why i mentioned, you may need to do some trial and error to fix the position of the button.

Alternatively, you can add a button to nested iview, fix its position with respect to the nested iView, open its properties, Copy the position of button and use the co-ordinates for the button in the form. (provided, the top and left of both form and nested iview are same). But there is a mismatch because of the space occupied by the layer roadmap.

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mangaged to get my buttons to the right position. Creating them first in the nested iview and afterwards using the cut/paste option in the layer of the main iview seemed to be the fastest solution although if you have to do this in many nested iviews you better reserve a whole day. I hope VC will become more flexible for this in the next release because building a KPI dashboard is a nightmare with these tricks

Thanks for all the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if the following link helps:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9c/ffdb4269b2f340e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9c/ffdb4269b2f340e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm</a>

Bye

Ankur