Did you mean: 

sap bi system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to perform BI 7.2 system copy ( qas to dev),

as it is a Dual stack

please let me know, how to do that.

I want to know what options to select once the SAPINST (SWPM) is started,

whether i have to select Netwevear "ABAP" stack or "ABAP and JAVA" or i have to do both for abap and java stack seperately.

and also let me know same for the import process.

thanks

thomus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for inputs.

I had exported both the stacks with the SWPM, now i will import. will see how it works.

will update you soon

regards,

Thomus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomus,

What's your database size. If DB size is less

To make life easy please use export/import method using sapinst tool, for abap and even java.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharam    

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As this is a dual stack then you will need to do an export and import of the Java stack.

If you are restoring the database backup for the ABAP part then after the ABAP part has been completed launch sapinst on the source system and export just the Java stack. Once done perform the import on the target stack.

You need to check the box that read "Use Database Specific Tools" in sapinst

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am missing some where. I had gone through all the post and pre steps.

but I am still not clear about the system refresh process.

Deepak database restore method means again we have to follow REDIRECT RESTORE

METHOD, as we have db2 database and there will be some manual steps because SID

will be changing.

so as srinivas is saying export and import process ( but the system copy document says to delete the database and import).

regards,

thomus

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomus,

You may drop the target database first and then import from the dump. But for this downtime of source system is required.

For backup restore you may take online backup of the system and apply logs to recover and roll forward. SID change is not a big task here.

No downtime of source system needed in backup/restore method as we use online backup.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomus,

You need to export the JAVA from Source system later on you need to import this into the Target system once refresh completed.

Regards,

Srini

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomus,

There is a system copy guide for dual systems. go to service.sap.com/instguides

For eg.

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000877172012E/Copy_NW71X_bsd_syst_SWPM10.htm

Other useful links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bff13df2-0c01-0010-6ba7-bc50346a6...

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-15962

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had already gone through the links you have given.

I had also read in a system copy guide( provided by SAP), that SWPM is not supported for system refresh.

can u tell me which tool we can use for BI system refresh.

thanks & regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomush,

You can use backup restore method for database portion and then take export of JAVA component and import the same into target.

This is a supported method by SWPM .

Regards,

Deepak Kori