cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Prepare phase ABAP stack SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I already succeeded in using SUM to patch my ECC environment to the latest stack, I needed to also upgrade my BI environement with the latest stack through SUM.

Here I am facing a strange issue in the phase PREP_INIT/JOB_RSUPDTEC (ABAP) where it comes with an error on SUBST_START_BATCHJOB failed with error code 27

CURRENTPHASE PREP_INIT/JOB_RSUPDTEC

...started at 20140312154203

# Using phase log file 'PSUPDTEC.LOG'.

...begin processing at 20140312154203

..finished at 20140312154205 with status ABORTED.

# Error message set: 'SUBST_START_BATCHJOB failed with error code 27

Unknown hostname "hth72204" - probably message server of your SAP system is not running or hostnames known by the message server are wrong'

...begin dialog at 20140312154206

...end dialog at 20140312161158

..answered at 20140312161159.

-> decided to try again.

Checked my profiles and my hostfile all are in lowercases and also when on HP-UX IA64 I ask for the hostname it comes in lowercases.

What it does not do is release the job it creates in ABAP side but stays on Scheduled.

Any one an idea on where it might get stuck?

Checked all others but these were older ones and through EHPi upgrades and did not solve my issue.

ps DDIC is not locked or anything.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have resolved the issue with the help of one of the Unix operators.

It seemed there was an issue on the nsswitch side so all adjustments either on hosts file or profiles did not work cause of resolving sequence.

It seemed the system did a resolve first on DNS and after that on File. He changed this and afterward I was succesful in passing this step.

Thnx

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Restarted instance several times, didn't help

- Restarted the whole SUM again from scratch, didn't help

- Adjusted profiles and parameters, saved it, (was already conform lowercases as given in /etc/hosts and restarted instance) but didn't help

- Read the notes given, as they were also given in the EHPi questions, but didn't help

- Put in the server group in sm61, only issue know with that is that the scheduled job RSUPDTEC cannot be opened nor changed

can manually run the function module and than instead of the RC_START=27 I get RC_START=15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can you try to clear all the copies of profile file from Sys/profile folder and keep only original profile parameter file. Then start SUM again .

Please check if this helps

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

please makesure <sid>adm Os user has read permission on /etc/hosts.

please paste me the cat /etc/hosts output

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if hostname is maintained correctly.

96317 - Host names during R/3 upgrade, tips & tricks

23538 - Problems due to inconsistent host name notation

611361 - Hostnames of SAP servers

What does SM51 shows ?

Also check if /etc/hosts file is correct.

Regards,
Gaurav

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What it does not do is release the job it creates in ABAP side but stays on Scheduled.

- Also Check SM37 for this Job.. does it have been assigned to a Execution Target which is not available ?

- Check SM61 > background server group if it has a additional non available server assigned ?

And as per SUM Central note : Serve Group SAP_DEFAULT_BTC must include Primary Application Server Instance If you have defined a batch server group SAP_DEFAULT_BTC according to SAP Note 786412, make sure that the primary application server instance is included in this server group.

best regards

ashish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please check and replace all entries regarding hostname or sapsystemname or whatever in HOSTS file and PROFILES to lowercase.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check hostname entries under /etc/hosts & match with SM51.After that give SAP restart.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

is it possible for you take the restart of the sap system?

With Regards

Ashutosh