cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve deleted messages in SXI_MONITOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to access some old messages from sxi_monitor. i have the message ID for reference. i saw the message in the SXMSPHIST table in se16 but with a REORG status of DEL. Is there a way to retrieve this message to view the audit log?

Thank you.

Im using SAP PI 7.1 sp 08

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

We can retrieve archived messages but its not possible to retrieve deleted messages. In future if you want to solve this issue you can change retention period, in SXMB_ADM you can extend retention period according to your requirement.

Normally retention period will be more in adapter engine compared to integration engine, check in AE message monitoring with your message id once.

Regards,

Neelima.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronal,

As I know, it seems to be impossible to retrieve these old messages. In order to solve it, you should change some parameters in PI config and you can set the time you wanna save the old messages, 15 days, 30, etc....

I had the same problem and i couldn't retrieve anyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can, where it that configuration so that the old messages wouldn't be deleted?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald - You might have configured archival and deletion jobs..

You can change retention periods

Go to sxmb_adm -> Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods -> Retention Periods(shift+f5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please go through the below link. Hope it helps you.

Retrieve PI Messages from Archive | SCN

Regards,

Tulasiram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasiram, the Reorganization Status of the past messages are - "DEL" it not "ARC"