Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is getting locked everyday

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a user in BW system which is getting locked everyday since the past few days.This user ID is being used in Webi report publications and as a result the reports are failing.Pl let me know how do I find what is causing this lock?

Regards,

shalaka

17 REPLIES 17

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalaka

Do you have the user credentials stored in an RFC connection or called externally and the password is incorrect?

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

The user is not being used in an RFC connection

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

From the audit logs I can say that the user is involved in an external RFC Call.

Regards,

Shalaka

0 Kudos

Have you looked at rfc in remote system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shalaka,

Is it an incorrect logon lock or an Admin lock? Check in USR02 if it is flagged as 128 or 64.

You can check in SM20 if Audit logs are activated the terminal / server from where the user is getting locked.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

What is the field name of the flag?

It is a service user

0 Kudos

USR02-UFLAG

0 Kudos

The value of UFLAG is 0 for the user

0 Kudos

I have also activated the audit logs for the affected user.

0 Kudos

The value will be 0 if you unlocked the account

how is your solution set up to refresh the reports? Something must be scheduled and calls on the credentials if the user

0 Kudos

Publications are created for the reports and the connections use the affected user to access BW system.

0 Kudos

two options:

1. restore the pasword of the user to the initial value (check the technical documentation)
  2. set new pasword and update the RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that you have some funny combination of login* system parameters and /or data inconsistency in USR02 which are confusing the password mechanism.

An imaginable scenario is what you have for login/password_change_for_SSO? This could be destroying the password (the user actually always has a possibility to do that, so faulty configuration could also be doing it programmatically for him).

So take a closer look at what is happening to field USR02-CODVN when this problem happens.

BTW: Calling programs can also do many stupid things with return messages. So the problem might not be USR02 related at all, or not even the APIs to perform remote logins.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It could be RFC, SSO setting which are making this lock, run a trace and it should give you the clue what exactly happening out.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading our BO system and I believe it is since we started with our upgrade that we are getting the following dump:CALL_FUNCTION_SIGNON_INCOMPL and the error analysis is:The logon data for the user " " is incomplete.

And this is the server side calling information:

Information on caller of Remote Function Call (RFC):

System.............. "########"

Installation Number. "##########"

Database Release.... 720

Kernel Release...... 720

Connection Type..... "E" (2=R/2, 3=ABAP System, E=Ext., R=Reg.

Call Type........... "synchronous and non-transactional (emode

Inbound TID.........." "

Inbound Queue Name..." "

Outbound TID........." "

Outbound Queue Name.." "

Client.............. "###"

User................ "############"

Transaction......... " "

Call Program........."WIReport"

Function Module..... "RFCPING"

Call Destination.... "<unknown>"

Source Server....... "BOPRODZONE"

Source IP Address... "172.31.11.165"

But there are no publications scheduled in 11.165 so what exactly is happening?

0 Kudos

Hello Shalaka,

The RFCPING FM might have been called when someone tests the connection from the source IP. Please try resetting the password and maintaining it in the logon information of the RFC destination of the source system. Try connecting again.

For security reasons your RFC user used for the connection should be of type system and not service unless there is some technical reason for using this type.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Thanks.The user is not getting locked anymore.I guess someone was testing the connection.