cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Approve Travel Enpense Custom Workflow

0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Regarding Fiori wave 1 application: Approve Travel Expenses, customer is using a custom workflow.

The SAP standard workflow step for this app is a task decision type step.

But the custom workflow step is an activity type step.

Can we also map the workflow step outcome with user decision?(I think by implementing BADI)

Is there any affect on the Fiori app implementation?

Thanks and regards,

Chloe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chloe,

Did you get any error?

Please check the container element of the task. It should include container elements from SAP standard task.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

No error so far because they'are doing assessment at the moment and implementation hasn't started yet.

Just wonder the feasibility of using a custom workflow(which uses an activity type step rather than user decision type step) in Approve Travel Expenses app.

Thanks!

Chloe

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chloe,

If it is just an assessment, you can say this should be well tested because it is custom task and container elements are unknown. If customer is going to replace SAPGUI approval UI to Fiori UI, they can change the workflow template and task to fit for Fiori.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi and experts,

I'm facing a similar scenario with PO approval.

The client uses Portal UWL to read their inbox and wants to replace SAPGUI PO approval UI with Fiori PO approval UI.

What would I have to change in the workflows' task in order to make it fit for Fiori?

I'm trying to put all pieces together but I can't make it work.

I changed the WF and task (replace the task that calls BOR BUS2012 by a dummy task type activity that calls a redefinition of BOR, ZBUS2012, with an extra dummy method and events for Approve and Reject actions.

Implemented Badi for enh.spot /IWWRK/ES_WF_WI_BEFORE_UP_IB method before_update to send data back from fiori to backend WF.

I assume I have to change some config for Fiori PO approval app to map it to my new task and do the same in Portal 7.4 for UWL configuration?

But, where or how do you set the text that will be displayed in UWL for this Fiori task?

I'm executing the custom WF in the backend and get stuck trying to determine the agent (it comes empty). In the step in Control tab under Agents section I'm using a custom rule that calls a FM that pastes a custom value in EKKO then in the task in tab Default Rules I'm calling the standard rule 'Agent (default Rule)' = 20000027 biding PurchaseOrder and ReleaseCode.

And I don't get to see the workitem in the approver's inbox (SBWP tcode) after creating the PO either. As far as I know this is something that should always occur (seeing the workitem in the approver's inbox regardless of what we use in the end: UWL and/or Fiori).

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Laura

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Please create a new Discussion. This post is about Approve Travel Expense issue by Chloe.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, I will create a new discussion.

Regards,

Laura