SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check at annual budget and monthly budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have a requirement, Client is asking for Error message in case of Annual budget exceeds and also asking for Warning message for Monthly budget exceeds.

Eg: Fund center X and Commitment Item Y,  Annual budget is 120000, and he also wants to maintain/release budget for monthly like, Apr 8000, May 12000, June 5000 etc...

In the month of April, if postings are more than 8000 then system should not stop the transactions and it should give warning message only. But if the postings are more than 120000 in all periods or a single period then system has to stop the postings and has to give error message.

when i tested, it is checking only on the released budget amount ( April 8000) and if the budget 8000 exhausted then it is throwing error message.

Is there any settings or alternate solution is available to fulfill the above requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nagesh

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The budget in AVC is always checked on annual (or munlti-annual) basis. For monthly control you have to use additional FM object (optimal, 'budgte period', but others like 'fund source') can be used. Please, search SCN: there are several threads for monthly control.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

We are not in Ehp 4, so we are not getting budget period. Is there any other ways to control Monthly and Annual Budget (both) by using other control objects.

Can we get two AVC checks, one is for monthly and second is for Annual budget.

I've searched SDN but i couldn't found any information related to two AVC checks.

Regards,

Nagesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, you can use either available FM object, e.g. fund source, and store monthly budget there. I.e. you will have fund source '01', '02, ... '12'.

As for two levels of control, you will have to create two ledgers: one will check the budget on fund source level (with commitment item and fund centre, of course) and assign to it tolerance profiles with warings only. Other AVC ledger will check the budget on FC/CI level only and tolerance profiles assigned to it will be with 'error' message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

I have created two ledgers and assigned two Tolerance profiles respectively (one is with warnings and one is with error) and I have posted budget for FC/CI as 240000 for annual budget. and i have released 1 month budget (using dist key 1) i.e.20000.

But when i'm posting vendor invoice its throwing error message for amount 20001 but annual budget is 240000. Is there any other way to post budget specific to ledgers?

Here my doubt is we are not assigning ledgers while doing FMBBC or FMMPRELE.we are posting through budget  category 9F or 9G (commitment). where we assign ledgers to budget category 9F or any other object.

I have not found FM object fund source can you please tell me the path or t code.

Regards,

Nagesh

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, it does not matter if you release your budget on monthly, weekly or daily basis: AVC always works on annual basis.