Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asynchronous vs asynchronous reliable

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i found that in the interface definiation in ESR, there is just a choice for asynchronous and synchronous(image 1). whereas how can i switch between the asynchronous and asynchronous reliable mode?

in SPROXY, the asynchronous/synchronous mode can be view under the configuration tab page of the interface chosen. however even in change mode, it is not changable(image 2).

how can i choose the second one(Asynchronous) in the rectangle? thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Please check the below wiki

Plain SOAP - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki

according to the wiki

Note: In case a service operation is modeled in ESR as "Asynchronous", the corresponding proxy operation in the backend (MDR, se80) has the profile "Asynchronous reliable" assigned. Asynchrnous processing without the reliablity feature (i.e. no guarantee for excatly once processing) is only supported when the service is modeled in the MDR and when the operation profile "Asynchronous" is selected.

regards,

Harish

stephen_xue
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

thanks for your finding. It answered my question. So "Asynchronous reliable" is the default way for any PI asynchronouous interfaces. cool.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

As to my knowledge, it is not possible to change these settings in service consumers/providers that have been generated in tx. SPROXY for service interfaces maintained in ESR. As a workaround, you can retrieve WSDL of the developed service interface (e.g. by downloading WSDL of the service interface from ESR) and then generate the service consumer not based on service interface from ESR, but based on the retrieved WSDL file (via tx. SE80). In the latter case, when being generated from the external WSDL file, service consumer configuration properties - including profile (like selection between asynchronous, asynchronous reliable and synchronous profiles) - can be changed directly in tx. SE80.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think we can change the interface in SPROXY. Whatever changes we need to do in the interface design, we need to do it in PI ESR and then re-generate the proxy  in ECC.