Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTM Defect Correction - Assigning Project

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm just testing Defect Correction (we are using ZMTM).

We have Project as a mandatory field (same as standard) and you can ONLY choose projets which have a Change Cycle of TEST.  This is no problem and I understand why this is the case.

However, I think I may have found a bug. After you have created the defect, you can click on More > Change Project Assignment.  When you do this, you can suddenly choose ANY Project. For example, I just reassigned a defect to a project with a Change Cycle of DEVELOPMENT WITHOUT RELEASE (and it worked).

Is this a bug or is there a reason why you can do this?

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan.

I've actually sorted this out. If you go to /TMWFLOW/VC_PHMD in SM34 you will see what actions are allowed in each phase.

Development without Release had TEST_ASSIGN (which means you can assign existing defects to this phase). Where as Test had TEST_CREATE (create new defecst against this phase).

I have modified it so we can create defects in below phases:

Development without Release

Development with Release

Test

However, I've only allowed transports to be created in Test

Thanks!!

Shaun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

This function available for all types of CD's normal change, defect change and urgent change.

And I think, there is no check on release cycle phase, yet.

Also a problem may be a lack of customizing in AIC_SETTINGS for predecessor / successor checks.

Check it, if problem still there, create OSS.

Rg Dan

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Pls check below links for similar scenario ,

Regards

Nayeem

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja

Thanks for the links but I know all that information.

If you read my above post, I'm specifically asking about the ability to ASSIGN A NEW PROJECT to the defect AFTER it has been created.

When you do this you can choose a project that is in a phase OTHER THAN TEST. I'm assuming this is a bug?  Or is there a reason for this?

Thanks
Shaun