cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Option mis aligned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you please help me with aligning with the date range select option with the radio button group on the left and with the

button on the right, the select option for "DATE" seems to be slightly mis-aligned.

all the above UI elements are included in a 'Group' UI element which as matrix layout. I tried to play around with the 'vAlign'(top,baseline,middle,bottom) settingfor the different UI elements without any luck, this setting doesnt' seem to have any effect on the position of the select option.

please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is what you could try out,

1. Create a transparent container and put the Date Select Option( View Container ) in that.

2. Set vAlign for the radio buttons and Transparent container to Middle.

3. Experiment with the vAlign a bit with various combinations till you get desired result.

For e..g dont put any vAlign on Transparent container, but retain them for radio buttons.

This is a tough one to solve, you can get it very close but not completely. This is because the caption for the select option control seems to be always set to vAlign as bottom.

If this does not work.You may need to put the date selector on a different line or in another group with some gap between the Radiobutton group and the Date group.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

On second thought,

I am assuming that you have radio buttons directly to the Webdynpro View and for select option you have used the Select Option Component WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS.

Please try adding all controls on screen using WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS.

To add the radio buttons try using the interface IF_WD_SELECT_OPTIONS.

Please see this document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52017

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, I tried the transparent container option too with all sorts of permutations and combinations and as mentioned the 'vAlign' doesn't seem to have any effect on the position of the select option, however, I have changed the matrix layout to grid layout where we can specify the "padding" size (top/bottom/left/right).

By controlling the "paddingTop" size I was able to control the alignment to a greater detail(not 100% though)

Many thanks for taking time to look into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

interesting. thanks for updating the thread. its good to know.

Answers (0)