cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF Rule Creation Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, I would like to get some information of how create a BRF Rule for Request Type (Change, New User, Terminate/Delete).

Could you please provide some information of how does it works, I have already create a rule and in an SAP Guide give some actions to create initiator rule. But I am stuck at this point so I would like a step by step to create a rule for NEW CHANGE AND TERMINATE USER.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Collen, Reddy, i am at Decision table point but i don't know what to do i just want to create

a user, change a user and terminate a user also create a r route correctly to a manager, role approver and security team (just the three stages for now).

Please find attached an image of where i stand.

If you have some details or screen shots, steps i would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

did you use the program via IMG to create the rule? I think that's program GRFNMW_DEV_RULES

IMG Path: Governance, Risk and Compliance > Access Control > Workflow for Access Control > Define Workflow-Related MSMP Rules

When you create via the program, you can select to generate the decision table.

Choose the Header box - a pop up will appear and you can select request type

Once it has been created, you can then go into BRF+ and the decision table will exist for you to maintain your scenarios (the number values that you configured under Maintain Request Type that represent the NEW, CHANGE and TERMINATE). Please note that if you have other values you must have a mapping for each. I recommend you have at least one scenario for catch all (i.e. is not = NEW, CHANGE AND TERMINATE). this is safety in case someone creates another request type and doesn't update the brfplus mappings.

Have a look at the following SCN threads where I've given advise on the BRF+ steps

The first link is what you are trying to do but they had an error. The second link is a similar scenario but I gave steps on what to do in MSMP

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleen, i have already done that but i don´t know what else to do rule is already created but where can i maintainscenarios

Thanks

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

you need to navigation on the left-hand panel to the decision table that you created. this is where you added your request type scenario and what you result set value will be to map into the MSMP

The screen shot you put above suggests that you did not automatically create the decision table. you are on the right track by creating the decision table to be your top expression. once you complete the information and save the decision table will be there for you to continue mapping the values.

Cheers

Colleen

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Ahmed

If you search SCN you will find the steps on how to create a BRFplus rule with the decision table

Are you trying to create an initiator rule to map in MSMP based on which request type has been chosen?

Start with this article

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/BRF+plus+Flate+Rule+-+GRC+Integration

If you get stuck, please show us where you are at for guidance and clarification

An initiator rule based on request type is quite simple to achieve for BRF+ and MSMP

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

First generate the brf rule id then go to the brf applications there you can find application, create the decision table, provide the inputs as per your requirement (change, create etc.,) condition column provide inputs as per your requirement, results column you provide what are the values to be trigger.

then associate decision table to function, activate decision table function.

Make sure the rule id need to be noted. then Maintain the MSMP Workflow as per your requirement.

Regards,

Visu