cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gantt Chart in Project Status Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are doing a custom development and creating our own Project Status Report PDF form. Is there a way (standard FM or otherwise) to generate a Gantt chart and show it on the PDF form.

The Gantt chart itself is not of the whole project structure. It is only the phases. Most projects will have 4-5 phases maximum. The Gantt chart also does not need to be too sophisticated, we just need a high level graphical representation of the phase timelines.

Let me know if my question is not clear and I can elaborate.

Thanks

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lashan,

Building the Gantt chart in a PDF report is quite tricky. The Gantt chart view you see in cProjects is a different SAP component, JGantt (developed in Java), which is connected to the system.

Adobe forms don't have a standard Gantt element, so you'll have to render it somewhere else and send it to the form in a binary format.

For creating and rendering the graphic you can use the SAP IGS (Internet Graphics Service).

You can find some details here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/17/86c039c7811f11e10000000a114084/content.htm

This is a little bit more complicated, you also need to use iXML libraries to transform all the Gantt data into the IGS required format.

The end result will not really look like the Gantt view, but it will contain all necessary information:

Is this the kind of graphic you need to develop?

Cheers,

Tudor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Tudor, yes that is what we are looking for. Will try this out and see how it goes. Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (0)