cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-provisioning new users with GRC 10.1

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

There is some lack of clarity at my client on auto-provisioning new users into SAP systems with GRC 10.  Here's what they want and I'm telling them they need SAP IdM.

The client will regularly have upwards of 500 new users on an on-going basis.  These users are approved and created in Active Directory.  The client believes that GRC 10 can now pick up these new users from Active Directory and then go ahead and provision them into ECC and CRM automatically, as soon as they're created, with no further approval required.

To the best of my knowledge, the easiest way to do this would be for IdM to do this, and have IdM trigger GRC for certain users, and to provision users who fall into this group of 500 users.

These users are different from regular users, who need to go through the approval workflows.  Regular users will have managers and roles that need approval.  These 500 or so users are approved to be created in the system and don't need to get caught up in the approval workflow.

Am I wrong in saying that IdM 7.2 is the best way to do this, or am I missing something about what GRC 10 can do?

Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to update the Access Request workflow (remove all approval steps) directly in production or with a transport request and re(import) the correct Access Request workflow after you are done.

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.  Finally, the conclusion was that this would be best addressed if they were to integrate IdM into the equation, which they've opted not to do.  Their workflow scenarios are more complex than your solution would allow.

mamoonr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In AC 10.1, I created one brf plus initiator rule.Although I saved it in GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST package.Transport button is not available(Not greyed).

Dis you faced this issue..How to get this change in transport??

PS:Application are activated.

Thanks,

Mamoon