cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Search & Advanced search in IdM

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was searching for one user on IdM UI, and I found that the basic search was not working (I only filled the Unique ID= userXYZ), but when I search for this userXYZ under advanced search, the user was found correctly.

Did you get this behavior in your system, I mean the Basic search in not showing the same results as the Advanced?

I am using IdM 7.2 SP7.

Thank you very much for your comment,

Victoria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victoria,

Take a look at the attributes defined in the Basic search, my guess is that none of them are populated for that user.

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The basic search work fine for other users.

The problem here is that Basic Search can not find my inactive userXYZ only by entering his ID but when I choose Advanced Search and Inactive checkbox now I can find my inactive userXYZ.

So why this inactive user can be shown only by using the combination of Advanced + Inactive checkbox ?

Many thanks,

Victoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victoria,

The basic search only works for active users !!

The advance search is also only for active users. For getting the inactive users, you should always check the In-active flag.

Thanks,

Krishna.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Victoria,

As Krishna said, you'll need to enable the users first, otherwise you'll probably have to generate a report to view your inactive users.  You might also try disabling rather than inactivating them.  It's been a while since I've looked at those attributes.

BR,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help,

Victoria