cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External system calling SAP ECC enterprise service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an external system(out of the client network) which needs to call the Enterprise service ExchangeRateByExchangeRateQueryResponse_In  in ECC.

As we  don't want to open the ECC port to the external systems we thought of using SAP PI in between.

I can develop a  SOAP to SOAP scenario between External system and ECC using PI.

I want to check whether there is any better  way of doing it without developing the interface.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Rajesh.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajm

I want to add the possibility to include a  PI PCK (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3f9fc190-0201-0010-0cbd-87f50e404...) to expose a scenario to partner who is outside your DMZ, however is your PI has connectivity to internet with a external application server or webdispatcher you wouldn't need anymore like Vadim said.

Regards.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If the requirement is to fully decouple the ECC system from the external caller system, then configuration of mediated scenario utilizing PI would be a good solution here. But if it is only necessary to ensure that the external system doesn't have direct connectivity to application servers of ECC, then you may consider installing SAP Web Dispatcher, connecting ECC as a backend system to the installed Web Dispatcher and using Web Dispatcher as an endpoint in the caller system. In this way, the caller system doesn't need to have network access to application servers of ECC and will only communicate with Web Dispatcher, all communication between Web Dispatcher and backend (here, ECC) will be transparent for the caller system.

Regards,

Vadim