cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BOP respect the availability check setting made in Schedule line category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Does BOP respect the settings made for availability check in schedule line category?

Thanks,

Nihar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu & Sourabh,

Requirement is to suppress availability check in SD scheduling agreement but only for Forecast schedule lines & not for JIT schedule lines.

The Order type & Item Category are same for both & as it is a sales document, the business event is "A".

To suppress the availability check for this scenario the possible solution to me was to deselected availability check in Schedule Line Category Configuration.

Please suggest me, how should I control the availability check for the above scenario

Thanks,

Nihar

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

I have a little understanding of Scheduling agreement processes, but as per my understanding only forecast schedule lines forms requirement and seen in MD04, that means they should only flow to APO as requirement items, please correct me if i am wrong here.

One thing i noticed is that these two schedule lines have different schedule line types, can you check if you can filter orders in BOP using this field.

Hope this will be of some help.

Rgds

Sourabh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

No. BOP doesn't understand the schedule line category. once the order item is in APO, the only restriction is at check instruction to either allow it for ATP checking or not.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the Clarification. If I want BOP to restrict the same at the schedule line Level, should I follow this process?

1. Create a Z field in SD_DOC table referring to the Schedule line category

2. Create a Z filed in BOP Filter referring to the field name created in SD_DOC

3. Exclude the Schedule line category in the BOP Filter Variant.

Thanks,

Nihar

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nihar,

"If I want to restrict the same at the schedule line level"

What do you mean by this ? Does it mean you want BOP not to do ATP check and fully confirm the sales documents ? Why don't you change the check instruction that has "No Availability" check ? But, even in this case, I am not sure if system would propose the schedule line on the same day as the APO scheduling might be executed. You need to test this.

Babu Kilari

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

Not sure what are you talking about here, can you please elaborate on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

In the Schedule line Category, we have an option Availability check right?

Business requirement is to suppress Availability check at schedule line category level, where Availability check box is not selected.

When I trigger availability check manually, the confirmation happens on the day requested & no additional schedule lines are created.

For the same order, if I run the BOP with the above settings made in schedule line category; order is confirmed & is checking against stock & lead time.

My question is: Online ATP respect the availability check setting made in schedule line category. Does BOP respects the same as Online ATP?

I hope I was clear!

Thanks,

Nihar

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nihar,

What i could understand with this is, you don't want any availability check to be done.

So in a way if you are not asking system to do any availability check then system assumes it to be available without checking, that is what you are seeing while creation of sales order.

BOP as a process is to allocate current supply to back dated orders, as per desired sort sequence and filter.

So, if you don't want to do availability check against any receipts, then what could be possible reason for running BOP, in fact why would you be possibly bringing those orders into APO.

If i assume that you are bringing them into APO for planning, then don't run BOP on them, as that will be of no use.

Hope, i am making sense here.

Rgds

Sourabh