cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Excel in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on a interface to read excel file.

Referring the usual blog to read .xslx/.xlsm file.

I understood the use of module parameter . Now my question is how to create the data type.

Will it be just like the data type we create for normal interfaces or it will be like the xml of sheet1.xml got after unzipping the .xlsm file.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

But I want to do this using module parameter.

I am referring the following link -

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/12/06/pixi-reading-ms-excels-xlsx-and-x...

But I am not understanding what will be the structure of the data type .

Please help ....

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

the blog says

This way our mapping will receive all data from the sheet in an XML format. The only thing that's left is to create an XSD file from the XML file we received in order to be able to use it in the mapping and as our Service Interface and we can proceed with mapping

First you finish the module configuration and run the scenario. it will generate the xml. but it can fail as you don't have the xsd.

From generated xml you can created xsd.

there are some online tools available to convert xml to xsd. then you can use that xsd for your scenario.

Regards,

Muni.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Please refer to blog

according to the blog

First and foremost you must create the XSD that will be used in the Design Repository as your source Message Type. You do this my going through the normal motions in the Design Repository

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the one of the option for reading excel files .

Step by step process:

Adapter Module To Read Excel File with Multiple Rows and Multiple Columns - ABAP Development - SCN W...

Regards

Venkat