Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Group,

I am doing file to file scenario without using ESR , my requirement is to update z-table with file name in ECC, can any body suggest how we can achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member257758
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

Not sure if you want to send the file also to ECC. If yes, then better way to implemet is File to File and call proxy.

In this case you will have one sender interface and 2 receiver interfaces in ICO.

1st  one for file to file

2nd one for just passing the file name,

So create 2 Inbound SI's , one for file and one for Proxy. Ask ABAPer to write a code to take the file name and update into Ztable.

You can captrure the file name using below code.

String filename;

DynamicConfiguration conf = (DynamicConfiguration) container.getTransformationParameters().get(StreamTransformationConstants.DYNAMIC_CONFIGURATION);

DynamicConfigurationKey key = DynamicConfigurationKey.create("http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File","FileName");

filename = conf.get(key);

return filename;

Create 2 DT's

one DT for File with subelement record.

another DT for file name with subelement filename.

I hope his helps.

Thanks

Arun

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your reply, but according ur suggestion I need to read the file two trigger proxy for that I need to add content conversion which I dont want just I want to transfer the file and trigger proxy.

former_member257758
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

You don't need to do the FCC in this case. You will just pick the file and put the file in ECC and then call proxy.

Only thing you do is select the ASMA with File Name in sender file channel and use the above mentioned function in the mapping to get the file name to trigger the proxy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the best sol for is to use dummy graphical mapping for picking the file name and sending to ECC to update the table (RFC/IDOC/Proxy -->up to you/ECC folks feasibility)

Use dummy structure at sender side and make you don't select software component version in SA/Interface determination.

Regards

Venkat

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I was also thinking same, but not sure how we can implement two receivers one for file and one for proxy , can you please give some more details

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv- No need to implement two receivers -

File to File scenario

in the mapping(dummy) use the RFC lookup function to call an RFC on the ECC side which should update the ztables with the filename..

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Hareesh,

Still I am not clear how this dummy mapping will link with ID components, in ID I am using dummy name space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dummy mapping in the sense ,you need to create DT,MT,SI in ESR but structure is dummy .

I would recommend you to go with FIle -->PI-->RFC/IDOC/Proxy rather than File-->PI(RFC look up)-->File ,because i think some time back i remember 2nd design thrown some error in mapping and more over you are trying to update right .

Regards

Venkat

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

its not update, I am not doing anything with source file , just i need to capture file name and send it to z table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As above said first try this option .Create DT,MT,SI in ESR but structure is dummy .

File-->PI(RFC look up)-->File.

Sorry I haven't seen that you need to send the file to target system as well.

Regards

Venkat

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

If I am using dummy name space in ID , how this mapping (or RFC look up) will be triggered .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You don't use dummy namespace in ID.You will use same name space that you used in ESR.

I just want to know why do you want to store file name in ECC tables.Why I'm asking in the sense we do have a similar requirement some time back where we are passing filename to ECC to check whether it is duplicate file or not .In our case ours is not bypass interface.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

in my case I need to store file name for some other program to pick up file in ECC, but I dont want to read file in PI just transfer from ftp server to ECC server

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Here one point I need to mention my Input file is not CSV file ,its coming with different Extension so I cant read file ,just I need to transfer file and at the same time needs to trigger RFC/Proxy,please suggest

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can transfer files to ECC without using ESR objects. if you want to keep the file names use ASMA.

you have to check with ABAPer to pick the files and write it to z-table.

for classical check this.

SAPTechnical.COM - File-to-File Scenario without creating Repository Objects

for ICO check this

Regards,

Muni.

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Here my issue is I need to write file name to z table so that it can be used for later processing in ECC.