cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VE Third Party Plugin Maya 2014

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have installed the Third Party Plugins for Maya 2014 to use RH File Formats in Maya.

But this plugins seems to have some bugs

Always when you activate the rh_maya2014.mll plugin we get the following messages:

- "New menu sets are available. Your menu set preferences must be updatet to accept them. Custom menu sets will not be affected."

And then comes the mesage:

- " the shelf Polygons has items that cannot be read"

Also there is the message:

"Error in line1: initialize plugin function failes (rh_maya2014).

Result is that many of our old preferences doesn't work anymore.

Can anybody help us. Is there a newer version of the "RH maya 2014 plugin" ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Did you receive any installation errors upon installation of the [VEPlugins_1.0.0.15.exe] plugin ?

Also, please can you check the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin\ - contains the file - [QtLibs.dll]

I have tested the plugin and it operates successfully. After installation, I opened Maya 2014, went to menu 'Windows -> Settings/Preferences -> Plug-in Manager'

rh_maya2014.mll was defaulting to both boxes 'unchecked' - I checked the box [Auto load] and restarted Maya. I could then create objects and use menu 'File -> Export All -> 'Files of type: SAP Visual Enterprise binary file format'.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we received an installation error with the first intsallation. But we could fix the installation error with copying the missing QTLibs. dll to the right place.

With the first checking of the rh plugin in Maya everything seems to work fine.

But our problems occur when we uncheck the plugin and check the plugin again.

Then all our problems occur.

Have you already tried to uncheck and check the plugin again in Maya 2014 ?

Thanks

kind regards.

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I have been in touch with Development, it appears that the file QTLibs.dll is not required. Unfortunately it is incorrectly listed in the Installation Script. Thus you can remove it from the folder mentioned above.

I ran some tests. When I turned off the plugin, Maya behaved somewhat unusual when next restarting e.g. I have to choose save or close scene before I got into the application. After this the application ran ok.

I subsequently deleted the Qtlibs.dll from the folder above and the plugin and application ran then without issue. Just one other thing, when I installed the plugin I ran it in Administrator mode. These are the only things that were done. It has also been confirmed to me by a colleage that the plugin is running ok on their system. Is there anything else that you think maybe a factor e.g. multiple releases of applications on same client, third party addons, folders/files being shared among other applications?

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobais,

Please state your VEA version and build -> Help -> About ... etc.

Also please specify the verison of the Maya Plugin installed -> Help -> Plug In Manager -> 'maya.x3d'

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using VE Author Version 7.1.0.185.

The Maya Plugin in VE Author is Version 7.1.48.185. But we don't use this plugin because we don't have Maya installed on the workstation with VE Author installed.

So we save our files in RH Format.

We have installed the "Third Party Plugins for Maya 2014". And the error messages are in Maya 2014 when we are using the RH import plugin.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobais,

Please can you confirm you are using the SAP download [VEPlugins_1.0.0.15.exe] from the SAP Store. Please note only Maya 2014 64 Bit version is supported.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes we are using the VE VEPlugins_1.0.0.15.exe from the SAP Store. And we have only 64 bit versions. Can you help us ?

Thanks !

kind regards!

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

This is currently being looked into. We hope to have some information for you soon. If you or your company has an SAP Service Marketplace account I would advise that you create an SAP Support Ticket under the component CA-VE.

Kind regards,

SAP VE Support