cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP_AAE Adapter for csv file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an HTTP to File scenario. The file will be uploaded as file and sent to PI as HTTP POST request.

I am unable to understand the below.

- How do we populate the field Main Payload Parameter Name?  I understand this has to be checked if the request is POST and to be uploaded as a file, but I am not sure what text to mention in this field

- Can we upload a csv file using this method?

Regards,

Puloma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma

If you want to send a CSV file to PI, then why you want to use HTTP adapter. You should use file adapter if you want to send the file to PI.

Also you have mentioned that your scenario is HTTP to File. So that means the sender will send data by making a HTTP to call to PI and then PI will generate the file from the HTTP request message and send it to receiver.

Please provide the exact scenario and requirement so that we can help you better.

By the way the  'Main Payload Parameter Name' will be used only when your HTTP client is sending data using an HTML form.We have the option to post the data to PI without using form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

The sender will send HTTP POST request from SM59 destination, and send the entire csv file to PI.

PI needs to write this csv file to an FTP location.

So I believeMain Payload Name is not to be checked on the sender HTTP channel. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Puloma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma

If your sending system does not post the data using FORM, then you don't need to use the 'Main Payload Parameter Name'

Please chose the option keep attachment if they send the file as attachment.

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Puloma,

If I understood correctly, you've an HTTP->FILE scenario. In this context,

a. Main Payload Parameter name is just used to obtain the XI payload from the specified parameter.

b. If you are talking about attaching a csv as an attachment, you can definitely do that by checking keep attachments.

This blog from Prabir should help you in bringing more clarity:

Besides, this is the standard SAP help for more reference

Configuring the Java HTTP Adapter on the Sender Channel - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards,

Abhishek