cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for the Agentry Test Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am wondering if there are any future plans for the agentry test environment. To me, the "old" test environment got rather useless with the introduction of tile lists and tile displays (besides to possibility to look at the object and table content on the client).

I do not think we need a 1:1 conversion of the "old" Win32 based test environment to a WPF based test environment, but I think that may developers would welcome some simple "tools" to support their daily work. My suggestion would be to just take the WPF client and extend it with:

- an "explorer" for client objects, transactions, data tables and complex tables (basically as in the "old" test environment)

- a way to perform any action on any object (e.g. by right click on an object in the "explorer" -> menu item "Perform action..." -> menu item "[action-name]") and write a log file for that action (see the log files from the "old" test environment)

- a "rule editor" that can be used to test and modify a rule in the application context (would help a lot to verify that you target the correct properties)

I believe that such a Test Environment would improve the average quality of agentry applications, speed up the developement time and thereby reduce development cost.

What do you think? What would be your 3 top features to start with?

Regards, Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Agentry Test Environment is now available with Agentry Editor, it installed automatically with Agentry Editor. This is part of SMP3 SP06.

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is still the Stand alone ATE install in SP06, but this hasn't been updated to the WPF clients.  What the Editor has is a "Test Client" not the "Test Environment"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

fyi, it seems SAP is taking the right path regarding the test environment. With the new version (70.6.0.7) of the Agentry editor (eclipse plugin), there is a WPF based test environment integrated into the editor. Just install the new plugin and select the test environment view:

Menu bar / Window / Show View / Other / Agentry Views / Test Environment

Makes me hope for more...

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would definitely agree with above post. During previous Work Manager on Win32/WinCE implementations the ATE had proven to be really useful. However, I just implemented a SAP Service Manager 3.0 solution on iPads and unit/run-time testing was very challenging because we were more or less limited to the real Agentry client. My top feature is to have the ability to have 1:1 navigation capabilities; this allows you to go to a specific screen(set) of the application to do some debugging of a rule.