Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori : Mass Approval

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is Mass Approval possible for Approval apps in Fiori ?

I see we have Mass Action field in Scenario definition . If i check it, how can we enable Mass approval in Fiori ?

Any other solution, please highlight

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I have a similar requirement to introduce the mass approval functionality in the Approve timesheet fjiori app.

We have the Approve timesheet app implemented as of now. I read about the My Inbox app but we have some technical restrictions to implement the My Inbox app as of now.

Hence, need some guidance on how can we enhance the existing Approve time sheet version 2 app to introduce Mass approval.

Regards

Naveen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please implement MyInbox version2 , whatever is the recent one, which supports multiple approval process.

make sure you apply all recent notes as well.

Thanks

Krishna

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Mass approval is not released in UI side.

Users can use quick approval by side sliding in tablet.

From business process point of view, mass approval is not a best practice.

When user do mass approval, approves never check details and it means blind approval.

If it is the case, workflow engine can set approval based on business rules and send workitems which really need to be checked. It reduce workload for managers.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa, I agree business point of view, it might not be best practice, but as per the client requirements, we need to configure from the UI as well. Any hopes ??

Best regards,
Tejas

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

You can extend OData and UI.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

Extensibility is already in our option. Wanted to check if the Mass Action in Scenario def works, or is thr any standard way of doing it..

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

are you able to achieve the mass approval functionality on SAP FIORI app? The client wanted mass approval functionality for timesheet approvals. Can you share your experience?

Thanks

Krish

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

For mass approval, we enhanced the app from UI and implemented $batch. If you want to implement the above, i would recommend you to go with My Inbox app.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Appreciate your quick reply.

For mass approval instead using My timesheet approval , you mentioned recommendation is to use My Inbox. can you help me understand a bit what is the issues and why to choose my Inbox vs my timesheet approval app.

Also can you give me few links what is the best way to enhance for Mass approval from UI side and backend side. Some direction or few relevant links would be very helpful, main important like what are the steps, ui extension points, backend BADI class, how to create batch, is there any other configurations , if there is any document in explaining this scenario would be very grateful.

I am going through, SAP FIORI My Inbox consolidated wiki page.

Also can you elaborate bit more $batch , means where to use etc..

Thanks

Krish

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Krish,

Depends on your requirement for mass approval.

Do you mean that customer wants to do mass approval for a specific employee's timesheet ?

say : employee fills timesheet for a week, and it goes to manager as a 1 workitem. Manager can view the entry and either he can approve for one day or he can select all and approve at one go. If this is what is required, this is already available as of standard.

If you are looking for approving multiple workitems at a go, you need to enhance the application and add UI logic for handling batch requests. Before that you need to use a POST query as an odata back to SAP. How to use $batch ?  http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40546820-3ea7-2f10-dfab-be373c0da...

For UI you need to consume the same as of basic service consumption on click of a button. You can refer My Inbox code and do it.

My inbox why ? : This app has readymade mass approval enabled, you just need to link your workflow, which saves some effort from ui and gw. You need to write a logic to handle approve and reject in the badi existing. Exxample is already available : This app has many good features which solves many customer queries, like mass approval, substitutions, forwarding, Open task and many other capabilities. For more check here :

I would suggest to go with Approve timesheet approaval app, as it has already hcm features, and you just need to enhance the master view of it. But yes how to do it. you can refer my inbox : check fiori cloud ediition SAP Fiori, Demo Cloud Edition

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Appreciate your time writing very detailed explanation.

Right now , manager can select one employee  at a time and he can  approve time sheet for  a day or week.

what we need is:

Manager should be able to select  multiple employees and based on the employee selection all underlying timesheets should be select defaulted.

for example manager can select 6 employees and approve , this time all 6 employees weekly timesheet approved in one go.

Attached my current FIORI for demo employee.

To make multiple employee selection and approve all underlying time sheets for selected employee , which app should I go?

can I enhance the Manager Time Sheet approval app version2 or can I go with SAP My Inbox?

Thanks

Krish