cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing aggregated demand to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am quite new to technical APO. Just wonder if anyone can help answering. Is that an easy way to pass demand at the aggregated level (product level) from one specific location into R/3 ? Here's example:

Hub 1 Ind Demand = 30

DC1 Ind Demand = 60

DC2 Ind Demand = 100

DC3 Ind Demand = 120

I want to send TOTAL Demand of 310 at Hub1 to R/3. Please help.

Thanks,

Paranee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP (am not sure where you want to do this) you can create a characteristic that represents location and make sure your CVCs are such that all the locations you have mentioned represent

In SNP - You can try hierarchical planinng (aggregated planning as it is called now)

You set a location hierarchy which is a virtual location (say X)under which you have these 4 locations.

Then generate a Location - Product hierarchy - this will have Location X - Product Y as a combination (you also have to create Prod master for ProdY at location X)

With the aggregated planning Area(check the setting in the PA admin - for aggregation) your demand will get aggregated when you use the header location as Location X

This demand can then released to R3 as PIRs by ensuring the correct publication settings (make sure you dont send for X as well as the other locatons)

check the help available here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/2c/c557e9e330cc46b8e440fb3999ca51/content.htm

(4.x functionality might be slightly different)

hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, we don't use SNP. Total demand is passed directly from DP to R/3. The problem is "Hub1" location also has independent demand (30). However, when demand is passed to R/3, we want to send both dependant and independent as a total demand at "Hub1." Any other suggestion ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have one basic doubt. How do you release demand from DP to R/3? May be, I request Harish or Somnath to answer this, as I have not come across this so far. Pardon me, if I am wrong.

If it is through SNP, in DP masters (MRP variant combo master), release location can be maintained as single location for multiple demand locations. Forecast release will take place for the total quantity to a single location, in this case to the hub.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

To trasnfer demand from APO to R3 (you dont have to go to SNP - you can do it from DP)

Create a transfer profile using

Demand Planning → Environment → Current Settings → Maintain Transfer Profiles. (in 5.0 it is directly under environment) or use /SAPAPO/ MC8U

In this screen You can choose the planning area, KF, Prod Char, Loc Char (prod and loc are 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO if left empty), R3 reqmt type, and version, (active/inactive)

For some reason i remember there was something to do with the Prod loc in the transfer need to be in an active CIF model (can someone confirm?)

You schedule the transfer profile using an activity with a specific Planning book that has just the required KF) - make sure there is only one periodicity in the Planning Bucket profile

Ensure you have publication settings in SPRO setup for the locations for PIRs

hope that helps

Am not sure of the variant combination master... but the creation of heirarchies will aggregate the orders in the locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new characteristic, Say X

Make sure you create new charc combinations such that the combinations with Hub1 , DC1, DC3 and DC 3 have the new char with a commn value , say LOC1

so if you select X and filter LOC1 you will see total demand in all the locations grouped into one

If you use the new char X in n the transfer profile as the location char it will transfer the total demand

You need to make sure that LOC1 is in R3 to receive it though

wonder if that helps... but it sure is a lot of change in your original design

alternaetly use a new plannign area/ POS (with the new common location char) just for the transfer... copy demand to the new PA , aggregate it using the new characteristic and tranfer it from there to R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much everyone for helping, especially Harish. I think creating a new PA would be a good idea so that I don't have to change the original PA too much.

Thanks,

Paranee

Answers (0)