Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document and Excise invoice document number should be same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD gurus

kindly help me following client requirement

in order to cash (domestic & Exports)

and sto (intra and Inter plant to plant) scenarios the billing document number and excise invoices number should trigger  same number

Example order- delivery- pgi- commercial invoice (VF01) --- billing document no.1234 here it should create automatically excise invoice no 1234

in J1iin disply it show ref document no( billing document no: 1234.    & excise invoice no 1234

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

in j1i9 create the same number range for the excise invoice object as maintained for billing document and in Maintain excise group option select the create EDI check box so automatically excise invoice created when saving the billing

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As per your client requirement is not possible in SAP even if you try in enhancement also.

Reason :

1. Billing document number ranges is continuous number ranges and it is not possible to maintain Billing document numbers yearly wise

2. Excise Invoice number ranges are maintained yearly wise

So as per my knowledge it is not possible.

0 Kudos

It is possible ,we can maintain billing document number range yearly wise.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyoti,

I fully agree with Mahesh. As per the Excise regulation there is an option for document number as yearly where as Commercial invoice number is a continuous number.

There are lot of ways to tracking the Billing document and Excise invoice number.

If you provide the actual business need I can suggest you a way to do that.I think you had the same requirement which I have experienced.

Let me know your requirement clearly.

Thanks,

Suman$

0 Kudos

For what you are agreeing fully with magesh?i dint get the reason clearly from your words.

0 Kudos

Dear,

Can tell me how you are maintaining the year wise Excise number range matching with Billing document number range?

Thanks,

Suman$

0 Kudos

for yearwise we can maintain the number range for billing document find the below screenshot for your reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As per the standard it is not possible. But some times client says why two different numbers ranges we require same numbers ranges for both billing doc. & Excise invoice.

Please go through the following link

http://saptechsolutions.com/pdf/SDDocumentNumberRangeEnhancements.pdf

Also check with the Abaper with explicit enhancement by maintaining the number range values in Custom table where we go when ever there is no option for(if client is not convincing) but which is not reccomandable but left out with no choice when client is demanding.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using userexit achieve what u wanna do in maintaining number range

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely, this is not recommended.  What will happen if you want to cancel either excise invoice or billing document?  You cannot cancel either excise invoice or commercial invoice.   You need to cancel both the documents.    Most importantly, excise number range will change year wise whereas, billing document number range is a continous one and you cannot change year wise.  Please think on this and discuss with your client.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding To Mr Lakshmipathiji Comments,

Please think if you done Sales order>>Delivery>>>Billing(These three with Non-Excisable items)

Ask your client what he can do now??

Some times client thinks completely illogical and more efforts needed in convincing..

Phanikumar