Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Material-Chapter ID check while PO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want implement check in PO creation, for perticular doc type, whether item material has maintained with chapter ID.

If material- chapter ID not maintained (through J1ID), system should throw error.

Please suggest any user exit/ BADI available?

Thanks,

Sumit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your requirement can be achieved by BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST and method PROCESS_ITEM,

Write the logic with the help of abaper to check the line item of of PO material with the table for Material Chapter combination J_1IMTCHID,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

anna_hannon
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In the standard, this warning message at PO creation is redundant. The system will simply not calculate any excise duty if the material is not maintained in J1ID. Also this error is triggered in MIGO/J1IEX before the excise invoice is actually captured to avoid any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your requirement can be achieved by BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST and method PROCESS_ITEM,

Write the logic with the help of abaper to check the line item of of PO material with the table for Material Chapter combination J_1IMTCHID,

Thanks

0 Kudos

I did the same.

Resolved.