cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional schema on the development NLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our landscape NLS solution implemented based on sybase IQ 16 installed for development.

We have been told that additional schema can be created for QA in the same sybase IQ development.

Is there a document which explains the steps do create additional schema?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

the only document I'm aware of is SAP internal.

However, there's no big secret:

- we're separating the SIDs by namespace, so we create a new database user for each SID. Required privileges are connect, resource, backup, readclientfile. If there's a group / role SchemaOwners in the database, the new user should be assigned to it.

- we're separating the SIDs by storage / I/O activity, so we create a new DBSpace for each SID. This is not strictly required, but recommended. If it's acceptable that multiple SIDs compete for disk space and / or I/O bandwidth, it can be skipped.

- the new (or chosen existing) DBSpace is assigned to the new database user using the database option default_dbspace.

Finally, the new user's credentials are specified when setting up the NLS connection in BW.

HTH

Volker Stöffler

Technology Principal Consultant, SAP Database Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a document explains how to create new schema?

We have created a seperate file system for the storage(for the new schema), both schema's sharing the same database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize if this sounds like RTFM, but it actually is http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01774.1603/doc/html/title.html.

For the use case you mentioned, the commands are (replace everything in {curly brackets} appropriately):

create user SAP{SID}NLS identified by {UserPwd};

grant resource, backup, readclientfile to SAP{SID}NLS;

grant role SchemaOwners to SAP{SID}NLS; -- if role exists

create dbspace {SID}_NLS_Store using file {logical name} '{physical name}' size {FileSize}[ reserve {FileRSize}],...;

grant create on {SID}_NLS_Store to public; -- or SAP{SID}NLS

set option SAP{SID}NLS.default_dbspace='{SID}_NLS_Store';

If you prefer to use an existing DB Space, omit the "create dbspace ..." and "grant create ..." statements an replace {SID}_NLS_Store in the final statement with the name of the DB Space you want to use.

HTH

Volker

Answers (0)