cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard report on mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was created one dashboard report on Sales data ,It was saved on mobile platform and it is working fine,i have seen that report on mobile device.As well now i have been export that report in to html.So can you please tell me is there any possibility to get that exported html report into mobile device.

Thanks & Regards,

Hityshi Gullipalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hityshi,

If you are using BI 4.0 SP5 and above, the dashboard when saved in mobile format from designer and opened in ipad is in HTML5 format

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Hityshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Dashboard to be displayed on the Mobile device it is already generated in HTML5. Dashboards are generated in Flash by default, but flash is not supported by iPad/iPhone. When you save and publish a Dashboard to Mobile it is converting that Dashboard to HTML5.

If you save your Dashboard to "Platform and Mobile" then 2 copies of the dashboard are generated. One in Flash and the other in HTML5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

Thank you for answer.can you please explain me in detail because I tried what you said didn't found any html 5  format.and also please attach any useful document.

Regards,

Hityshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hityshi,

For any of these options to be available you must have an environment at least a BI 4.0 SP5 and your Dashboard client must also BI4.0 SP5 or higher. Any version of BI 4.1 will also work.

You can find all the information about deploying and using the Mobile platform in this guide:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/518_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

From page 319 in the following guide you will find information specifically about using Dashboards on mobile devices with the SAP BI app.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp2_dashd_user_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Ashton

Regards,

Hityshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hityshi,

when you save the dashboard for platform and mobile, both formats get generated.

As flash is not supported on apple devices, it automatically gets the html5 format on it.

Your android can support flash, hence it will get the flash format based dashboard.

Now, when you only save it for mobile , it will generate a xlf format dashboard

if you save it for desktop only, it will generate a swf format dashboard.

You can get both content, if you do a save as desktop and then save as mobile seperately.

the swf format if only saved for desktop, will not open in any mobile device

However the xlf format can be opened on any mobile device

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have tried what you said,I got report on my Android device.But how can I prove that format is in html 5 format.Can you please clarify that one.

Regards,

hityshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hityshi,

i think when only xlf is generated, it internally has the html5 and flash content.

As there is no distinction on dashboard to save for Android or Apple

However, i do not know if there is a way!

Regards,

atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thank you.And one more doubt like what is the advantage html 5 than a flash image.

Regards,

hityshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hityshi,

As mentioned earlier, Apple devices do not support flash content

hence, html5 is required to make dashboards available for them

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,