SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocate a profile to an installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I want so allocate a profile to an installation.

SLP profile header with all information is created.

The next step would be to assign the profile to the installation using the transaction ES31 to change the settings of the installtion. But the button "Profile" on installation-change level is not existing.

Now my question is:

did I forgett some setting during edm customizing or did I do a mistake when setting up the installtion ?

I'd really appreciate help solving this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remembered I had this problem as well, see note 1695774:

Cause

The  customizing settings for authorization object E_INSTLN3 are incorrectly set.

Resolution

To resolve this issue you need to provide the corresponding user the full authorization for authorization object E_INSTLN3.

1. Execute Transaction PFCG to Create or Change the role assigned to the user.
  2. Add authorization object E_INSTLN3 to role via the authorizations tab. Select the tab.
  3. Click on "Change Authorization Data" button.
  4. Click on Manually button.
  5. Enter Authorization object E_INSTLN3.
  6. Click on + to expand the tree.
  7. Give the * value to all fields in the role by clicking on the *. See image below for example.
  8. Save the role and generate it (shift F5).
  9. Add role to the user account in SU01 or users tab in PFCG of the role view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remembered I had this problem as well, see note 1695774:

Cause

The  customizing settings for authorization object E_INSTLN3 are incorrectly set.

Resolution

To resolve this issue you need to provide the corresponding user the full authorization for authorization object E_INSTLN3.

1. Execute Transaction PFCG to Create or Change the role assigned to the user.
  2. Add authorization object E_INSTLN3 to role via the authorizations tab. Select the tab.
  3. Click on "Change Authorization Data" button.
  4. Click on Manually button.
  5. Enter Authorization object E_INSTLN3.
  6. Click on + to expand the tree.
  7. Give the * value to all fields in the role by clicking on the *. See image below for example.
  8. Save the role and generate it (shift F5).
  9. Add role to the user account in SU01 or users tab in PFCG of the role view.

0 Kudos

Hello Erik,

sorry for the late reply, but I have been not available the rest of last week.

That sounds logic to me. I will check that and let you know

Have a good start this week,

Manuel