cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Diagnotics Agent & Introscope

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCN,

SolMan Diagnotics Agents (SMDA) are used to establish connections between SolMan and managed systems.  (1) Are these same Diagnostics Agents capable of sending J2EE data to CA Introscope 9?

Some guides require SMDAs, host agents, and Wily (Introscope) agents--some outdated.  (2) Correct me if I'm wrong but SMDA 7.3 includes a SAP host agent for monitoring OS level metrics--has this always been the case?  (3) And if the question (1) is possible, when did this happen (versions)?

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Sawyer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francois_keen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sawyer

1]  a solution manager diagnostics agent can help you deploy the wily bytecode which then reports the J2EE metrics into Wily Enterprise Manager

2] all recent sapinst/ SWPM provide a way to install sap host agent + diagnostics agents

Please refer to Diagnostics Agents - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

and the Agent Installation Strategy Guide included in sap note 1365123

best regards

Francois

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sawyer,
Francois beat me to it for most of this but here's what I was writing, a little extra info.
(1) Yes, the Managed System Setup Auto configuration, byte code instrumentation step will connect the DAA on your managed Java system to SolMan and Wily Introscope.

(2) The excellent Diagnostics Agent Installation Strategy guide attached to note 1365123 on page 23 shows that the host agent has been auto-installed since Diag Agent 7.20. Read this document, it has very good info on the agents.

(3) I have been connecting and monitoring Java systems in Wily for a long time. I don't think they ever didn't.
Welcome to SolMan and good luck,
David