cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPI Alerts in MII 14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I made one base KPI in MII 14.0 on execution it run by fetching the data from "Cached Dataset" but i want the data to be fetched from "Data Provided". I need to choose "Data Provider" every time. Please let me know how Data Provider will be automatically selected in KPI. At present below is the default, rfer the screen shot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

This is only when you execute a KPI directly from the KPI itself. However with Lifecycle job configured it will automatically execute the Data Provider to fill the data set.

Actually KPIs are a data store where the data from the provider is cached periodically (based on configured lifecycle job frequency). This data is then accessed using the KPI Query. This is done to make the performance faster as data acquisition and aggregation calculations on the fly for certain sources of data (read non SQL) would be very slow and make it impossible to use.

Please read this document to get more information on KPIs and how to use them.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36247

Best Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks partha for reply,

You are correct but even if i run the KPI directly or Via KPI query i am unable to get the cached data set it is coming blank.

Running Base KPI directly by selecting Data provider

I get the below result

But when i run in cached data set mode it gives the blank output, i even tried by scheduling it but it do not store any data.

So is my question is how can i get the data which is coming from Data provider. What am i missing?

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Did you create Lifecycle Jobs for the KPI to acquire data? If yes see if it is running (check scheduler jobs for History of job run).

If the job is running but you do not see data it may be because the data set is not returning the data. Please check the data source to see if this is the case.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup i scheduled the job from lifecycle as well as schedular, still it didnt worked. The data source is a SQL query. This KPI is giving the out put only on running it directly from workbench that too when Data provider radio button is checked. I ran the KPi manually by selecting Data provider then again scheduled it in lifecycle for every 5 min, also scheduled it in schedular and ran. But still wen running in Cached Data set mode its giving blank values on standalone run. I am not able to see it storing data in Cached data set. Am still trying to check, pls letme knw if any thing else strikes you.

Thanks for your response

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Looks like there is some issue in inserting the records in the KPI table.

Can you check the following.

1. NW logs to see if any errors related to this is being printed.
  2. Check the mode of the KPI Lifecycle job is either APPEND or UPDATE
  3. No DELETE lifecycle job is deleting the records
  4. If you have access to the NW DB can you check the following?
    1. Run the statement "SELECT * FROM XMII_FILES WHERE FILENAME LIKE '%<Your KPI File Name%' and note the ID for the file
    2. Run the SQL SELECT * FROM MDO<FILEID from previous step> and see if any records are there.
    3. If records are there in step 2 then data is there in KPI and some issue with KPI Query. It most probably may be due to timestamp for the KPI data. Check if the NW DB and your local PC is in the same Timezone. If not then select the DateTime pattern as yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss z
    4. If data is not there then some issue with the job entering data and we need to analyse the logs to see what may be the issue.

regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks a lot for the help, really it helped me to find the cause.

I am getting the below error in Log Viewer

Cached dataset is unable to save data. Don know why its not able to save, am checking on this. Let me know if you can suggest anything on this.

Thanks again

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Usually this is due to data but there may be other issues. Can you share your data xml from the SQL query as well as the KPI Configuration details?

I would also suggest opening a CSN Ticket for SAP to check.

Regards

Partha

Answers (0)