cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about theAdvantco and Kate REST adapters for SAP PI?

0 Kudos

I'm looking for any info I can find on a comparison between theAdvantco and Kate REST adapters for SAP PI?

Has anyone used one or both before?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in contact with the Kate Group to get their MQTT adapter to test and play around.

Uptil now, it has been a real struggle to even get the sotware. Already sent many emails, but still no adapter software.

They ask a lot of questions and ask you to sign several documents.

For me, this has nothing to do with exploring new software and try to get benefit out of it for customers, partners and this community.

As of now, I will try to look for an alternative to get my MQTT simulator software conected with our SAP PO system.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nangelakis

Dear Dimitri

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience experienced on the trial program.

However we don't consider this the right way/format to make a public post and we are not portrayed here in a fair way by that. We would like to ask you to resolve your questions directly with us first. We will also sent you feedback to the points that seems to get you upset per email.

We are all about encouraging customers and partners to explore our software and benefit to the SAP community as by heart we are also "hands on" people that look for the best possible solutions.

We don't intend to build bureaucratic hurdles and procedures for people that work with us (and we think quite a few people working with us in the past will agree on that statement).

To the point that seems to have triggered this post:

Every software trial comes with a trial license (which is also included in SAP trials) with certain terms on property rights, etc.

To us this is completely legit and common practice by any vendor like SAP or SAP Partners like us by investing time, money and passion into a product that is actively supported and improved. Also this should be no obstacle to anyone using a trial in a typical trial fashion (non productive, etc).

We are sorry you might got that the wrong way and in a format suitable for POC's in big companies (with huge legal hurdles/procedures to deal for us too as a "smaller vendor" btw) and we agree that doesn't suit your case as sole developer for a trial.

We don't think that it is necessary in your case and we will respond to you accordingly per email.

We also communicated to you last week that we'd like to provide you the latest up to date version of our (fairly new product) MQTT adapter for this week instead of last week.

We would not consider this "hard to get the software", but all well meant by us and should benefit you too. To us this seemed pretty well received by you till this post came up.

Again this all should be resolved directly with us and not in a public rant that makes us look like a bureaucratic entity that we are definitely not.

Thanks for understanding.

Kind regards,

Niko (KaTe).

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Gabriel,

Now SAP also comes with its own REST adapter equipped with all the functionalities and saves lot of license cost.

regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the discussion I have found today.

In the meantime we have several adapter for diverse cases:

RESTful Adapter

Publication of REST-services for integration of SAP and non-SAP Systems, also BPMN Processes.

AMQP Integration Adapter

Advance Message Queueing Protocol (AMQP) is basic for protocol open Oasis standard and manufacturer independent communication between heterogeneuos applications.

MQTT Adapter

Message Queueing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) for internet of things.

and special adapter for HANA Cloud Integration:

HCI Adapter for the Concur API

HCI Adapter for MQTT

HCI Adapter for AMQP

For more details have a look to Produkt - SAP Integration Adapter - KaTe

Thanks

Thomas

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel - I haven't worked on Ka Te's adapter but have a look at the below blog for the advantages of using Advantco's rest adapter...

I don't see any major differences but below something i noticed in the release notes of Advantco's adapter.

Endorses Open Data Protocol (OData), a Web protocol for querying and updating data using Web technologies such as HTTP, Atom Publishing Protocol (AtomPub) and JSON to provide access to information from a variety of applications

Reference : Advantco Unveils SAP® Certified REST Adapter for SAP NetWeaver® | Advantco SAP NetWeaver Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have used Advantco rest adapter but never use (or heard of) Kate.  But when i searched SDN, i found below link which suggest that it's also quite equipped with all the functionalities to make rest integration successful.

May be u can wait for other experts to express their opinion on Kate

RESTful Adapter for SAP PI - KaTe Kommunikation / Technologie GmbH

Thanks

Amit Srivastava