Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Billing and GTS Export

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have an inter-company billing scenario. As you may know, the Scheduling Agreement (S/A) has the Sales Company code (in this case our sister company in the EU) with the delivering plant in the US.  When the S/A is sent to GTS, because of the company code, it assumes the EU Foreign Trade Organization (FTO). This is not correct, it should be the US FTO based on the delivering plant. The same happens with the subsequent documents (delivery, proforma). 

In order to correct this, is there development required or is there some standard configuration (on ERP or GTS) to handle this scenario?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

I'm aware of that situation, but haven't personally had to handle it previously.  Surely, at the end of the chain, there's an inter-company billing document?  That invoice will belong to the US company, and is therefore the one that needs to be used to produce the Export Declaration.

The issue then may be one of timing, so that the Export can be created as the goods are despatched.

Does that help?  If not, please let us know...

Regards,

Dave

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

As I understand, the invoice to the customer has the non-US company code.  I did find that when the proforma was created manually, it did replicate to the US FTO. I think that is because someone assigned the Legal Unit to the US FTO.  Which is OK but I cannot understand why that didn't work for the Scheduling Agreement or the delivery.

Bug in GTS?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Sure, the customer invoice belongs to the Sales Company, but creating that billing document re-sets the billing index so that the inter-company invoice can be created.  And that one belongs to the production company.

Actually, now I (vaguely) remember, I think you can produce a proforma for the inter-company invoice by setting up a Billing Type with Document Category 5 "Intercompany Invoice" and Transaction Group 7 "Billing Documents".  Please give it a try - I hope you'll find that it produces a document belonging to the US company, without posting anything to the ledgers.  Let us know.

Regards,

Dave