cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPCONTROL GetProcessList Returns Yellow

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are in the process of using SUM (Software Upgrade Manager) to upgrade our Solution Manager 7.0 system to SM 7.1 SPS 10.

During the check phase of SUP, we get an error when the system runs sapcontrol....GetProcessList.  GetProcessList returns yellow (full output attached, for some reason SCN won't let me paste into the discussion).

It indicates that some (but not all?) Java processes are running.  Looking at /usr/sap/SID/Instance/work/dev_server0, the Java stack comes up as "Running"

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, use jcmon utility to make sure that all Java processes are running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the graphical utility, we can tell the SDM isn't running.  It won't start manually, it just keeps going into a constant waiting for start cycle.  the SDM/program/logs folder doesn't contain anything useful.  Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check dev_sdm and std_sdm.out log files in work directory or attach it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me to the right logs.  The SDM install on this particular system is a bit messed up.  the jvm_sdm.out log file in the work directory helped me resolve the problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about the (graphical) sapcontrol utilty?

try invoking http://<your-solman-srv>:5<your-sys-nr>13 and see for yourself which process is not running...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using this, we can see the dispatcher and server0 is running, but the SDM is not.  When I try to start the SDM manually, it just keeps going into a constant waiting for SDM to start cycle.

There is nothing of usefulness in /sapmnt/SID/Instance/SDM/program/log

Any way you know of to troubleshoot the SDM not starting?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Any way you know of to troubleshoot the SDM not starting?

If you provide the logs then we can assist you.

There will be SDM logs at /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/work and also at /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/log directories.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing me to the work directory.  The jvm_sdm.out file helped me resolve the problem.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is basically an issue with the sapstartsrv file.

Check whether the sapstartsrv file is on the same version.

sapcontrol -nr 47 -function GetVersionInfo

Update the sapstartsrv file and restart the sapstartsrv process from the OS level.

877795 - Problems with sapstartsrv from Release 7.00 and 6.40 patch 169

Regards

RB