cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for OVS in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a OVS interface controller to have custom search help filter on PO header in SRM. Search help has been added succesfully but when I click on Save on portal value displayed in field gets cleared. Please suggest the solution how to hold value displayed even on save.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

During save, make sure that the changed data of the field is available and it is getting saved successfully.

Set an external break point just before saving data to backend and check if the changed value is available.

if not available, then the data is getting lost before reaching this point.

If your changed data is saved properly, then check if the data is being reloaded from backend and your saved data has been retried. If your data is available, then some where the values getting cleared and setting the context.

I think, debugging .. before save and after save would benefit you in this case.

Regards,

Rama

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the value to which OVS is assigned is only clearing or the other values as well? Check in your onAction Save method if the values are resetting.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Check once are you clearing the value any where in the methods

1. WDDOMODIFYVIEW( )

2. onaction<button> ( Action assigned to the button )
3. WDBEFOREACTOIN( )

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

rahul_mb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Have you bound the value selected from the OVS to the context node before saving the PO?

Regards,

Rahul