cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL link to open transaction in NWBC Desktop client

0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to create an URL link to open a transaction in a role that I am using.

The webpage is shown in a web-chip as a part of FPM page inthe NWBC desktop client.

I have tried this type of concept: https://serverXX:8000/sap/bc/nwbc/~canvas/roleEntry/MyROLE:56/

The problem is that this opens the transaction in the HTML version of NWBC (inside NWBC desktop client).

However, I would do not want to use the HTML based version of the transaction. I want to use nativ abap transaction inside NWBC Desktop client.

I am able to open the transaction with a link from a webbrowser with this type of link:

sap-nwbc://https://serverXX:8000/sap/bc/nwbc/~canvas/roleEntry/MyROLE:56/

This link does not open at all from within NWBC....

How do I achieve opening a transaction via URL from inside the NWBC Desktop client?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By using methods URL_CONSTRUCT and URL_LAUNCH of ABAP class CL_NWBC.

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli!

I hade a look at the class that you recommended. AS I understand it, I would not be able to call these methods via a URL, since the class needed to be implemented in ABAP.

How would you do this? Would you create a service that one would call and send parameters to that then redirects to transaction/node in PFCG role that I want to reach?

Or do you know any other simpler way to achieve the same result?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-reading your requirement I think you should consider integrating the transaction directly into the chip, see the respective chapter of the application help for details.

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

this also colud be a hint.

BR

Melinda

0 Kudos

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for the hint. I actually tried starting the url with "sap-nwbc://", which works very well from outside NWBC. If I use it inside NWBC, it just hangs and nothing happens.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Have you got any solution for this problem.

I am having same issue and so far no solution.

Regards,

Manish T

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I have unfortunately not found any way of doing this, so I have temporarly dropped the topic for now.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Just now, I have got a solution for launching a new tab in NWBC Desktop client.

Use the interface IF_LSAPI methods to achieve this. Refer the interface document for your case.

In my case, it launches the new tab with custom transaction in NWBC Desktop client.

regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Nik!

I think this works fine from ABAP, however I try to do from a html document that I launch in NWBC.

Thank you in any case.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Same issue i have as well.

My Understanding is, in NWBC desktop, if you open a non sap (eg: html) page, NWBC becomes an IE Browser.

That means you are now out of SAP for that tab (with html page) and whenever you try to launch any SAP transaction (using the method from HTML) it will launch in a new window and ask for Login.

May be Experts like Samuli Kaski & Melinda Ludanyi can put some light on it.

But, I have one more solution for this which is partially working in my case. May be helpful in you case as well.

Issue: From some SAP transaction in NWBC (say tab A), you are launching the html page (say tab B) and then want to launch another SAP transaction (Say tab C) from html.

Solution: Embed the HTML in SAP using HTML Viewer class and launch SAP custom transaction using the interface IF_LSAPI. It will launch it in new tab as a sap transaction with your html page.

Now if you want to launch the SAP transaction from your html page (Which is embedded in SAP custom transaction) you can use HTML Viewer class Events and you can pass parameters as well. Re use the same interface IF_LSAPI and launch it in new tab

In my case i am facing problems as the web developer has so many things on java script and they are not working properly. He is working on it and i am hoping it will be fine.

Regards,

Nik