Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Monitoring through Solution Manager 7.1 SP10

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring PI 7.1 monitoring through Solution Manager 7.1 SP10.

While performing the managed system setup for my PI system, 'Check connection to BW client ' step is failing under 'Configure Automatically ' with the error :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" No Read RFC connection to BW client for <SID>". When I go into details, it shows below info :

"Please go into the Connect Managed System step to create one READ RFC Connection on the client, if you want to use the BI Monitoring. Without this connection, some BI Monitoring related metrics and default values might not be retrieved"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked there is READ RFC created for managed system and we have already setup our Solution Manager with " Use Standard SAP Solution Manager BW Environment" option in Basic settings.

The step 'Check connection to BW client' is optional.

I would like to know which BW client it is looking for and why ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

we have already setup our Solution Manager with " Use Standard SAP Solution Manager BW Environment" option in Basic settings.

This means, you are using your current client where you are using solman_Setup as BW Client. All the BI settings are activated in this current client activated.

With regards to your error, i am not sure might be you can also check  BACK RFC pointing from PI system to Solution manager productive current client defined also working fine. But this is again not mandatory.

Before this, I was not able to see any step as 'Check connection to BW client' under configure automatically optional activity. I am also having sp10 .  can you give a screenshot.

Thanks

Jansi

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

You need to scroll down in the list of steps in 'Configure Automatically'. Its the last step.

Please find the screen below.

I have the back RFC created and everything looks fine. Still the step is failing.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Fine,  but My solution manager was not able to see the steps, might be latest PI has those steps.

I was just checked the sap note 1558756 - Solution Manager 7.1 - BI Monitoring: Prerequisites, It is given that the Read RFC which we are connecting Solution manger to your satellite system client should be default SAP BW client. refer from the note.

You can check the bw client maintained in your system by the program RSADMINA, field BWMANDT,

make sure you created Read rfc for that client from solution manager system. else change the field BWMANDT to the client where you already have read rfc and try.

This is only my view, I havent tested yet, since I was nt received any such error.

Please update your result.

Thanks

Jansi

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I already checked all these and there is a READ RFC to BW client of Solution Manager also.

I checked the table RSADMINA also. It has the correct client mentioned in BWMANDT.

Regards,

Manish

manish_kumar8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

The issue was with the BW client set in my Managed System .

I checked the table RSADMINA in Managed system and it was pointing to wrong client.

I corrected it by going to SE37 and executed RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET function module and corrected the client.

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..  This solved my problem for a SRM system failing in Managed System Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

It should be basically point to 000 client, with reagrds to your configuration it also depends with which client are you doing those RFC's.  Check for your RFC where is it pointing to..

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It should be basically point to 000 client, 

This is wrong, It never take any clients by default. Refer the image added by Sunil above. It has proper strategy for defining BW client.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for poing out Jansi,

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your config for solution manager as a managed system.

Earlier releases used NONE as read RFC for solution manager itself.

Make sure you don't. Use the wizard to create read RFC if you do have NONE as read RFC for your productive SOLMAN client.

REgards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

see below: and refer the note mentioned.