cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Reports on Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

i am starting a new project regarding on use of SAP HANA on displaying report on any Mobile device OS. since my proficiency level on HANA is very basic, that's why i may face the problem for implementing this. but i am very familiar to mobile application development using  SUP in HWC.

so can anybody share me with your ideas for implement this or any links or tutorials.???

Thanks

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please close this thread if your issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ..

i am working on this project of displaying HANA reports into android mobile devices using Eclipse IDE and UI5 web technology and ODATA service urls. so when i m creating a new project inside eclipse i got three files in default-

1- controller.js

2- view.js

3- index.html

which is a MVC model. so in the view.js file we can insert ODATA URL which contains the report data.

my concern is that after inserting the odata url,what should be the next step ,how we can relate controller ,view and model for fetching outputs. how they are related to each other in terms of coding .

so do help me guys..

Thanks

Ashish satapathy

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can ask this question to the experts in this space, UI Development Toolkit for HTML5 Developer Center

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you have  a look at

Regards,

Jitendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii ...

i am now working on development and displaying of Reports in mobile using UI5 development approach of ODATA .my tool is Eclipse IDE.

i have already created the application with initial view and also create the new VIEW  following MVC pattern.

but the point where i stuck is that i cant know where to insert ODATA service url and whts the source codes need to be write and in which .JS file.(of view or initial application file).

can u guys just tell me the proceedings steps after this so that i can display them in mobile devices using UI5 web app preview..

Regards

ashish...

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

If you want to develop an app using SUP connecting to SAP HANA, then you need to get HANA jdbc driver i.e. ngdbc.jar file and copy it into SUP server. You can check this document for more understanding.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii..

thnks for response..

but i am trying to develop the mobile applications by consuming ODATA service using SAP HANA.

i want to follow this approach:::->

HANA--( views/tables) ----> XS Engine ----> Odata Services---> SMP--->Mobile Applications (native/hybrid )

can you suggest me how to proceed with this idea??

regards

ashish

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

since you are using OData services so there won't be any MBO modeling for the app. In case of SUP HWC based app (using OData services) you need to use java script library datajs to allow access to services.

You can check this discussion

Rgrds,

Jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the SAP Appbuilder to easily develop apps with HANA. Appbuilder is a now a part of HANA. https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#sapui5

Midhun VP