cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Delivery (VLPOD) updating Actual Goods Issue Date (WADAT_IST)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently when VLPOD is run in our system via batch process it seems to be updating the Proof Of Delivery Date and the Actual Goods Issue Date to the same thing. It is our understanding that the Actual Goods Issue Date would be the date when a product was shipped from a facility to a customer and that the Proof of Delivery Date would be when it arrived at the customer. Want tom verify that our understanding of this process is correct because I really don't see the point of having the two mentioned dates being updated to the same thing everythime VLPOD is run.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is VLPOD actually posting the GI? There are some processes (eg SIT) where this would be the case. In such a case, the VLPOD date would be the same as the actual GI date. To check this, go to table MKPF, enter the delivery number in the "Reference" field and see if there are 2 entries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when I enter the delivery into reference of MKPF I can see two records. So it is actually posting the GI, would this still be correct? Trying to figure out if something is configured wrong, or which one of those dates would actually be when a product is shipped from a facility.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a Stock in Transit process (which unfortunately I do not know much about). But the GI movement is actually posted with VLPOD so yes, this would be correct.

former_member406953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi! I have just read this posting.

We have an order type we can Stock Consumpion order, that means POD should be placed in the same day as GI. So do you think it is possible this can be achieved using standard functionality?

Thanks and regards,

Fabiana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The purpose of this question was linked to reports built of off deliveries which track shipment history based off of the actual goods issue date. Now that the VLPOD process seems to be adjusting that date we will be re-designing the way we captured the actual shipment date. First first ideas on this would be using planned ship date instead or creating a user exit which does a lookup to MKPF to grab the first posted actual goods issue date for a delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This documentation doesn't reference anything related to the Goods Issue Date for Delivery Docs. Again what I am trying to figure out is why Goods Issue Date is being updated to the same date as Proof of Delivery. Is this normal behavior? Doesn't seem right.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jared,

Ideally VLPOD has to record the actual Customer's good receipt date. Probably the the SAP help link may help explore the issue further. 

Manually Confirming Proof of Delivery (POD) (SAP Library - Shipping (LE-SHP))

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta