cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have recently made a client copy in one of our systems. The requirement now is to execute one of the WebService calls from the new client, via PI to the service provider.

The logical port is configured based on "Process Integration Runtime" in SOAMANAGER so basically no configuration is needed.

Problem is that when we try to "Ping PI Server" from SOAMANAGER in the new client it returns "SRT Framework exception: Service Ping ERROR" => i.e. no proper error at all.

The same ping performed from SOAMANAGER in old client is fine => "Integration Server ping successful for LP '<LPNAME', proxy '<PROXYNAME>'".

Anyone got a clue how this ping can fail in one client and not in the other?

We have checked SRT_* RFCs (also created one for the new client) and SRT_ADMIN_CHECK is running fine.

Thanks for input

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ole,

I had the same problem, you need to configure the SOAMANAGER, you need a new binding for the new client.

Check this document: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b043ef4e-e8d1-2c10-7d88-8077b209c...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This document is for service creation, my problem is for service consumption.

We have already configured a logical port based on PI configuration, but pinging the PI server gives a very general error message.

Questions is more; what setup/configration is used by SOAMANAGER to manage the "ping" to PI Integration Server?

regards Ole