Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which RFC connection is the user using?

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A simple situation - a user is in the Solution Manager system. However through CRM_DNO_MONITOR he is

automatically transfered via RFC in our development system to do his work there on a "Change request".

The connection is open until he leaves the system.

My question is how to discover which RFC destination from SM59 is used for that?

I could not find any RFC monitoring transaction which can tell you which are the open RFCs right now

Thanks in advance

ILIAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ilian,

Goto SE16 and display the table RFCDES.

Do a 'Ctrl F' for the user and you will get the associated RFC.

Best Regards,

Anita

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

RFCDES has only some RFC descriptions. I don't see any user names in this table

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ilian,

I hope you have left the 'Maximum No. of Hits' empty and then executed.

Also under column 'RFCOPTIONS' the username should be against parameter 'U'.

Best Regards,

Anita

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I have only 117 entries. Thanks, I noticed the U=, but this is the user set in the login section of the RFC destination definition. It does not show who is using it at this very moment. Could be any other user.

Thanks once again

Regards

Ilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

When you will go to SM59 , check for trusted RFC between solution manager to development system naming convention would be SMXXXXtrusted.

Open that RFC under "logon" tab you will find "current user"  check box to be ticked.

Ideally these RFCs gets called under functional module using current user id to trusting systems.

BR Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

In addition to what Vaibhav wrote regarding trusted-rfc-connection, it menas you can cheack on both systems with SM50, you should see activity of this user on both systems when the RFC-call is active.

Hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Andre

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I tried that too. SM50 and SM66 give me only information when a workprocess is active ::)

They do not tell me which RFC destination is currently in use

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

If you have the info from SM50, which workprocess was being used, then you can check this dev_w* log and also dev_rfc log as well.

Regards,

Andre

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

Can you check details from SM19/SM20 audit logs . It should contain RFC destination names.

Also dev_rd & dev_rfc logs should specify the name of RFC destination

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian

Could check the STAD refer screen shot. i have tried in our SAP system. we can find the information about RFC details

RB

SS

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

It displays no data again. Something is wrong with this transactions maybe in my system

Ilian

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case better you can raise the Ticket to SAP

BG

SS

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I already tried SM20, it displays only successful RFC logins and other stuff but no RFC destination names.

I will try with the logs as you and A. Wahjudi proposed.

Thanks

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I fixed it

The answer is the last post here

The problem is the time zone on my server is EET, but the SAP systems are CET.

Now I am able to display data.

I will write again soon.

Thanks

Ilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction ST05 for RFC trace.

Activate it with filter for relevant username.

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I just tried.

I see a list of called functions but no RFC destination names.

Strange.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

Please check RFC destinations maintained in Solution Manager for Development system.

It should be trusted RFC destination which is being used during change request.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the answer. With SM59 I am able to find out the connection, but this is why I know it, I made it. And my question is general, there should be a way to see open RFC connetcions

Regards

Ilian

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

From below Best Practice - How to analyze and secure RFC connections - Security and Identity Management - SCN W...

1. Monitor RFC calls in RFC client systems
    1. Monitor the RFC calls on the new users with the Security Audit Log dynamic filters in transaction SM19 to be able to build their role later. Make sure you only activate it for them and that your file size is sufficient.
    2. Also consider the RFC Server Profile of the Workload Statistics in transaction ST03N for the old users to start with analysis (see How to get RFC call traces to build authorizations for S_RFC for free!).
    3. Meanwhile, monitor the RFC logons of the old users with transaction/report RSUSR200 until they stop logging on. You need to give this at least a month's time before removing their access first (so that any callers still coming in will write an ST22 dump to alert you about the user still existing in a connection somewhere. Later you can lock them and "retire" them to a user group for the same. Do not delete them, as you might well need the ability to access change documents specific to them later (e.g. during an audit).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilian,

Have a look to below link

Hope it helps

BR Vaibhav

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Ilian

You can find the RFC details in transaction code STAD.

Regards

Sriram

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I already tried STAD, but it gives me empty screens.

"No statistical record for any server found with given criteria" - no matter how much I expand the criteria. Perhaps something which gathers data is not working?

I tried also RZ20.

Only in ST03N I can find the frequency of usage of RFCs.

SMGW - gateway monitor just gives me that there is a connection to the other server, but not enough details

SM04 - shows that RFC connections are active, but thats all the info.

Regards