cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote CIS execution - ASE to IQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there anyway to send the complete query from Sybase ASE to Sybase IQ. Query would be optimised at IQ and results sent back to ASE?

I know the workarounds to fire remore query from ASE to IQ and it works flaslessly,

sp_remotesql and connect to REMOTE_SERVER

There is 'relocate joins' server option in ASE which looks to be only works with remote ASE as it requires 'ddl in tran' to be enabled at REMOTE Server.

Any input is much appreciated.

I am looking this kind of option to test application without much changes in application code.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like this is not possible......

To explain my problem in detail....

I have views created in Sybase IQ and then proxy tables created in ASE which are pointing to the IQ views.

Now when I fire a join query on ASE on these views (proxy tables). Consider there are two views involved, each view execution is handled seperatly at IQ and then the results from these views are merged at ASE. Which I can understand the right way to do it. But I think there should be some provision when all qualifying tables or views are REMOTE then the entire query should be sent to REMOTE site.

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit.

You may consider dealing the other way : if you can create proxy from IQ to ASE why not do it the other way , from ASE to IQ ?

you'll call from ASE a view stored in IQ that would get data from ASE. All joins would the be managed within IQ.

-- using proc

create existing table myRemoteprocAsTable(

col1 int,

col2 date,

col3 varchar(10) null,

_col1                 date                                 null

) on 'default'

external procedure

at 'REMOTEIQSERVER..SCHEMA.sp_myRemoteProcAsTable'

go

-- using table

create existing table myRemoteViewAsTable(

col1 int,

col2 date,

col3 varchar(10) null

) on 'default'

external table

at 'REMOTEIQSERVER..SCHEMA.v_myRemoteViewAsTable

go

I won't recommend a massive usage of this approach, but it may be worth trying ?.

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

thanks for your response. I am aware of this option. As I mentioned earlier, I am looking for options directly from ASE to minimise application changes.

I am currently writing wrapper scripts at ASE to acheive this functionality.

Regrads,

Abhijit