cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tile Edit Traget Is Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one ListTileView In that i am displying a collection. Right now i am doing add tranction on listtileview in the same screen with the help of TileEdit.

The New value gets added properly in the ListTileview after doing add transcation. My problem is i want to do Edit Transcation in the same screen using TileEdit. For doing this i have create new Screen Set and New edit transcation and in the TileEdit i am setting the edit transcation and edit screen set for the traget i have given as ListTileView Selected object. By doing this In the TileEdit the values are not getting populated after selected the row in TileEditView. I can not able to do Edit transcation on the ListTileView with TileEdit. Please help me in this regard.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this might be a general problem with tile targets. I just had the problem that the target of an embedded image cell action was broken.

More detailed:

- I have one screen set for the row tile screen set and I use a single click action that is doing nothing but an apply (so no tile is selected)

- I have an embedded image with a) no object property and b) one image cell with a "navigation action" with the default target

- I have a field button with the same action as for the embedded image and the same default target

Pressing the field button, the screen is opened with the proper object data. "Pressing" the embedded image, the screen is opened but with no data.

What is frustrating in my case is, that there is a workaround using the button, but styles are ignored completely so I cannot use a "flat button" as in the rest of the application.

Regards, Daniel

(WPF Client 6.1.3.10212)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

This is a known issue with the embedded image control.  As a workaround, add a helper action that re-targets the object you are trying to pass from the image, then calls the original required action.  So if your image originally called ACTION1, change it to point to new ACTIONHELPER.  ACTIONHELPER has a sub-action that points to ACTION1 and targets whatever your image was targetting.  This will work for you until the platform corrects this bug.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware of this workaround, but how do I target an object that has not been selected before? I cannot use the "Selected "X" Object" of the tile list field because pressing the embedded image does not implicitly select the underlying row. Any hint how to make the workaround work (without having to select the row by tapping on it) would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Daniel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I am not following your user interface design.  How is a tile row involved with an embedded image?  The image is actually on the tile?  In that case I agree that it isn't possible.  So the embedded image tap is running before the tile is even selected?  Please clarify.  Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Yes, the image is on the tile.

- No tile will ever be selected because of the Single Click Action (which actually does nothing). The reason is that with Single Click Actions, it sometimes happens that the action is triggered unintentionally when the user wants to scroll the list. Also, I (want to) have tile lists with more than one image on a tile to be able to perform different actions on the tile (e.g. 5 star images to rate an entry: pressing on, say, the third star will change the images such that the first three stars are colored and the 4th and 5th star is grey).

- I guess this means that the only workaround would be to select the tile and then use the workaround you mentioned... for all "non-selected" tiles I have to prevent the action to be fired as I cannot target those tiles.

Regards, Daniel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Why don't you try removig the single-click action from the tile?  That way the tile should first be selected, then you can click on an image and use the work-around.  The single-click action will prevent you from targetting the selected tile since there will never be one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is basically what I wanted to say in the third item of my previous post. For the user, it is an additional tap. For me, it means that I have to wait for a bug fix. Anyway, thanks for your time.

Regards, Daniel

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gyanendra,

What version of the Agentry client are you using?  Can you please post a screen shot of your List Tile View Settings for the Tile Control from your Editor?  What is happening on the client?  How are you attempting to do the edit on the client?  Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am using 6.0.14.0 agentry editor version.

In my screen layout in the left side there is ListTileView and on the right side there is TileEdit.

In the Tile Edit, i am displaying the ListTile View Edit screen and it has the ListTileview Edit transaction.

Now if i will select any object in the List Tile view on the right side where Tile Edit is there all the Fields should be auto populated since it is Edit transaction. For this i am setting the target of Tile Edit as Selected Object of ListTileView. I am Attaching the screen shot of ListTileView setting and Tile Edit Target.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gyanendra,

I am not sure if the Tile Edit control is supported on iPad/iPhone.  Try doing it the way Bill F. suggested above.  Let the List Tile do all the work.  Click the box to allow edits and supply your screen set and transaction directly on the List Tile control.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What platform / device are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. I am using iPad platefrom/agentry

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gyanendra,

We seem to have two discussions in the same thread here.

With respect to your questions on the Tile Edit on iOS, if I setup my list tile to allow tile Edits I will see the blue chevron on my tiles which when clicked invokes my edit action to display the Edit screen / Transaction.  Once I finish the transaction I see the edit applied to my tile in the list.

Both my add and edit transactions occur as full screens on the iPad but both then cause the underlying tile list to be updated after completing the transactions.

My target is automatically set for me by the editor to the selected Customer (in my case - see screen shot).  I tested this using the Agentry 6.0.38.x client.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. I know that this will work, but i am not doing like this.

In my screen layout in the left side there is ListTileView and on the right side there is TileEdit.

In the Tile Edit, i am displaying the ListTile View Edit screen and it has the ListTileview Edit transaction.

Now if i will select any object in the List Tile view on the right side where Tile Edit is there all the Fields should be auto populated since it is Edit transaction. For this i am setting the target of Tile Edit as Selected Object of ListTileView.

This is what i am doing but it seems that Tile Edit is not able to point the target properly it is not able to populate the value properly. I am stuck at this point of time. please help me.