Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO linked to wrong wbs, how can i move it to correct wbs

former_member860444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Sale order is attached to the first wbs element instead of the sec wbs. now i need to correct it by moving it to a correct wbs.

Message was edited by: Virendra Pal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still don't know how you have changed the account assignment from one WBS to another in me22n.

Also, you are using non stock material (Item Category L) and Acct Assignment Category as N (Which is Network)

Anyways, my views on your issue is very simple. Actually, what I can see from your screen shot is that you have generated a PR and Reservation from PS initially by attaching material component to network activity. Afterwards, you have created PO with respect to PR.

Now, I don't think that you can assign the same PO to another WBS. Just think from accounting and logistic point of view. What will happen to commitment cost that is being already created/raised.?

I think what you need to do is just short close the commitment cost (means short close the PR and PO both) or simply delete this material component from cj20n and simultaneously keep track of commitment cost through CJI5 transaction code. After this, just simply attach a same material code to your new network activity which is under new WBS.

Then you will have your new PR and PO. I hope I am clear to you. But wait for other experts to comment on this.

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

firstly - item category is N and not L

secondly the status is CRTD - nothing to consider at this point

your argument was valid if the status was released and say partial posting was done etc and then change of PO assignment to another wbs element was attempted

that is not the case so all is well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi virendra,

Yups. Correction..!! Item Category was typing mistake and I did not have a look at CRTD.

Thanks.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

As virendra said this seems to be PO - me22n ,if it  be sales order - va02 .

find "account assignment " tab and change the WBS .

BE sure if its header level Sales order or WBS is assigned to any line item .

LEt me know ,if you got it.

former_member860444
Participant
0 Kudos

HI there,

I have changed the wbs on that purchase order but still the same on cj20n, nothing has changed.

Thank you

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a standard field?

former_member860444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Yes this standard process.

Thank you

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once again is the PO field in your screen shot a standard field in SAP or is it a customised field?

this is not a process issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to be custom development and what i can predict is the PO is getting assigned to WBS and stored in ZTABLE and asiigning it to Purchase order.

But it is not getting changed when changing PO assignment. I suggest get in touch with technical team and ask them to update data displayed in CJ20N based on changes done In PO

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks ksv ksv

this is the answer I was expecting from Takalani

former_member860444
Participant
0 Kudos

I will check with my Technical team and revert back to you.

Thanks alot for enlighten me

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly this post refers to PO assignment to WBS and not sales order

You can change the assignment in the PO via ME22N