cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Key figures in BW Cube in Whole numbers (Without Decimal places)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Wanted to understand how can we back up the key figure values in BW cube from planning area as whole numbers (Without any decimal places).

I have changed the accuracy parameter for the key figure to zero in S&DP Administration. In Planning Book values for key figure are appearing as whole numbers - we want that whole number values should get backed up in BW cube also.

Regards,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one question related to this -

Suppose I have made changes in the setting in planning area and at infoobject level for decimal places -

So the existing values which are present in Live cache with decimal places - would that automatically be rounded to whole numbers or would the seeting apply when we add/change new values in the planning book for the associated key figures.

Since existing values in live cache are still in decimal for older time buckets which are unchanged, would that could be the reason for values still apearing as decimal in backup infocube after all the settings

Regards,

Alok

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Your understanding is correct. When you make changes to the Infoobject and planning area, the changes will be effective from the change date onwards and all new delta is rounded.

Regards,

JB

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The key figures you have are infoobjects and in the properties you can change these settings

General settings

For Bex

Since this is a setting specific to the key figure, wherever it is used, it will give you in integers or whichever format you select.

Regards,

JB

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have similar setting for the infoobject (Data Type - Quantity) but still it is not working.

Regards,

Alok

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Do you have an routine between Datasource and Backup... in this case a simple change would be enough in the transformation.

I dont see of any other alternative.

Regards

JB

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So we need to create a new start routine in the transformation in order to save the infoobjects as whole numbers in backup cube?

Can you please provide what specific changes need to be included in the routine

Also I am not able to corelate why by making the changes in Key Figure Decimal Precision and In Infoobjects Decimal places - still it is getting backed up with decimal values? Any suggestions

Regards,

Alok

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

A key figure is nothing but an Infoobject in BW perspective

There may be various reasons for getting decimals in backup. Best example is split week scenario where suppose 1st of April falls on tuesday, the week still belongs to April along with 31st march

During 1 to 1 mapping in transformation between Planning Area data source and Backup cube, the transformation does not identify the split week.

As for the routine, I am not the right one, but we use in our project, probably i can help you after checking.

Regards

JB