Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deletion of product-specific transportation lanes

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP-experts,

we are using SCM 7.0 connected with ECC 6.0 and are running demand planning in productive area and SNP in test scenario. Because of implementing pre-fixes for locations (we have problem of identical number ranges for customers / suppliers) we want to delete customers, suppliers and plants before. This would be easy, but because of where-used-links it's not so easy as it seems...

Customers are already done (took me several hours investigating SCN and help.sap to find best procedure of mass deleting). Now I stuck on supplier side, especially with deleting where-used-entries in transaction WUF for transportation lanes. Check SNC several hours now, found the tools, but have a problem here...

For my opinion the best procedure in our system would be to use

- MASSD to set product-specific entries to block indicator "D"

- report /SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE which deletes all entries with block indicator "D"

Everything looks fine at 1st moment, but the dependency in TA WUF is still there. When checking the transportation lane via TA /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1 the "header" still exists, but no entries left. Because of this behavior WUF still sees a dependency.

If I try to delete product-specific entries manually in /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1 then there is a difference. If no entries are left in the screen (no product specific lanes, no means of transport, no TSP) and you save the changes there appears a popup "No entries exist. The transportation lane is deleted". If I try to reenter with same selection system tells me "transportation lane does not exist" and WUF is empty now.

My question is now: Is there a possibility to reach the same result by mass deletion (we are talking about 50000 entries, so manual deleting is not what I want...)? With mentioned report /SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE it seems not to be deleted completely, even if transport lane is completely empty. The popup / check received in manual step seems to be missing.

Found another TA in SCN (/SAPAPO/SCC_TL5), but this seems only for TSP items within the transportation lane.

Checked already for SAP notes to the report, couldn't find any (but maybe I searched for wrong description...).

Did anyone have same problem? Or does someone have an idea how to solve it? Maybe my idea with MASSD is the wrong direction...?

Best solution would be without programming, because this is only a 1-time-business for our testsystem (and later productive system).

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Run transaction WUF for object type Transportation Lane to check for dependent objects on the lane

use any appropriate report found in note 571031 for deletion of dependent objects found.

Delete a transportation lane with deletion flag set, you can use the following reports depending on the part of the lane for which the deletion flag is set: Transaction /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1 or APO -> Master data -> Transportation lane -> delete Transportation lanes.

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_GEN_DELETE  (product specific means of transport)

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE (product procurement)

For the mass deletion of lanes you can use the following reports:

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_MASSMAINT

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPRODM_MASSMAINT

/SAPAPO/TR_TRM_MASSMAINT: Mass maintenance of MoT

/SAPAPO/TR_TRMCARR_MASSMAINT.

Please refer OSS note 517727 - TL-MAINT: Clean-up report for transportn. lane w/o product

Report ZZ_CORRECT_TRPROD and ZZ_CORRECT_TRPROD_MATLOC

Execute the ZZ_CORRECT_TRPROD report to delete the product-specific transportation lanes.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Rupesh,

thanks for detailled collection of reports. To be honest I didn't find note 517727 on my own, good information anyway (for some other problems). Spent almost whole day to check these and implement 2 new reports (ZZ_CORRECT...):

ZZ_CORRECT_TRPROD --> doesn't find the necessary data, because it is not inconsistent data (what I understood is that this report searches for product-specific transportation lanes without product reference, but this situation we don't have)

ZZ_CORRECT_TRPROD_MATLOC --> doesn't find necessary data, same reason as before

/SAPAPO/TR_TRMCARR_MASSMAINT --> mass maintenance service providers, we don't use it so we don't have any entries here

/SAPAPO/TR_TRM_MASSMAINT --> mass maintenance "means of transport", we use sometimes, but for this I use transaction /SAPAPO/SCC_TL5 (much faster, can select "worldwide" here); but with means of transport I don't have problem right now

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPRODM_MASSMAINT --> mass maintenance product-specific means of transport, we never use this and so tables are empty here

Now there are 3 left which change exactly the object we have problem with, the "product-specific transportation lane":

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE --> this is the report I was using and which is causing the error

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_GEN_DELETE --> same as 1st one, just as a batch job

/SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_MASSMAINT --> this one works!!!... but have to do it for each combination of locations... Here system recognizes that no entry is left in whole transportation lane and eliminates the complete transportation lane --> WUF is cleared out.

With /SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_DELETE this doesn't happen. Even if no entry is left in a complete transportation lane the object is still existing and reflects into WUF-entry... for my opinion system forgets to check if transportation lane is still necessary or not... in opposition to standard transactions. Maybe this process is not built for clearing out WUF...

I will leave this message open for some more days, maybe someone has another idea... if not it seems I have to use /SAPAPO/TR_TRPROD_MASSMAINT with some more work to do 😕

Thanks again

Harald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sam7
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Harald,

you must also remember to remove the relevant entry from table /SAPAPO/TR with your custom report.

I believe this resolves your problem.

Best regards,

Sam