cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have created an integration scenario with 3 services. We've created an ABAP and JAVA Dynpros in order to consume them. Everything runs OK and the entire runtime is 10 seconds.

We've generated a BPM to orchestrate it's execution (this BPM will bethe one which executes the three of them). In order to consuming this BPM we've created an ABAP and JAVA Dynpros. Everything runs OK and the entire runtime is 35 seconds.

Does anyone knows the meaning of this difference on the performance time?

We are the only one working on this machine.

The BPM is simple:

Start-BAPI1-BAPI2-BAPI3-End

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey most of the time BPM is the major cause of bottlenecks in a scenario,for every one message coming into BPM i guess alltogether 4-5 messages are generated and that might lead to congestion,either try to avoid BPM in case dats not possible then u can do message mapping outside it(message mapping in BPM takes lot of resource and time).

thanx

ahmad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Orchestration of business process is little different from your requirement.It does not mandate that you should use CCBPM of XI for every scenario.If we talk about that then it might take the topic in a different dimension.

I donot think you need BPM in your case as you can execute it sequentially from your dynpro itself. You have to design the ccBPM when it aptly suits the requirements.

If you need the middleware to manipulate the message then we can go for ccBPM.

Regards,

Sravya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand, SOA architecture is based in orchestration and reusability of standar business processes, the tool offered by XI are the BPM. If BPMs should be avoided, how do we orient SOA?

A failure in customizing may be still there, but after applying the BPE advices explained on "Tunning Guide", the process remains running slow, 33 segs average.

I know Workflow Engine ABAP is slow, and that each step is stored in logs, interfaces..., BPM logic runs on ABAP Engine, and mapping & parsing are done on J2EE Engine, and communication between both of them consumes time, but the process is simple:

A calls B

B calls C

Data types are integer and there is no mappings, I mean, a basic and simple scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

coolbrain,

i am not sure what is ur problem. you need use bpm if you cant slove without BPM. then you need to use BPM .BPM is meant for that . for ur sceanrio what is ur load . try ifyou can avoid BPM if not then use BPM.