Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find archive format version of a delivery unit

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to find archive format version of a delivery unit before importing it to HANA?

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj and Ram,

I asked this question after reading this SAP Note only as delivery unit version was failing with the error mentioned in the SAP Note

As per the SAP Note

"Use only Delivery Units with an archive format version that is compatible (equal or less than) to the archive version of your HANA installation."

My HANA System Archive Format Version is 12 and so I wanted to know if there was a way to know the Archive Version of Delivery Unit

I was trying to import HANA Live Delivery Unit and in the extracted SL_MANIFEST.xml file, only HANA Live SP05 is mentioned and Archive Format Version is not mentioned

HANA Live SP05 came out in Jan, 2014 So I do believe that it is based on SP07 and its Archive Format Version is 13 but I wanted to confirm it

Regards,

Vivek

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got it Vivek.

HANA Live SP05 is the latest version now and what you said is justified as your format version is 12.

Might be while Importing it queries "SYS"."M_FEATURES" to get format version.

Its better to confirm before we do anything. In the worst case when you do Import you will get version mismatch error.

I just ran the query to see what the result i get. It is EXPORT ARCHIVE FORMAT - 13 as my HANA revision is 70. I am not using HANA Live.

Regards

Raj

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The archive version of the HANA system can be determined via the following SQL query:

SELECT "FEATURE_NAME", "FEATURE_VERSION" FROM "SYS"."M_FEATURES" WHERE "COMPONENT_NAME"'REPOSITORY' AND "FEATURE_NAME" = 'EXPORT ARCHIVE FORMAT';

This query is available in SAP note: 1984354 as suggested by Ramkumar Gugamsetty

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Once the deliveryunit.tgz is uncarred using tar -xvf deliveryunit.tgz. Under manifest.txt file archive version will be found.

Please check this note as well 1984354  - Import of a Delivery Unit fails due to incompatible archive format version.

Regards,

Ram.