cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing ESR Service Interfaces in SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have successfully setup connection between SAP R/3 and PI and am able to see the ESR Service Interfaces in R/3 System. For every service interface, a 'Test' Icon is available which allows to Test Service Consumer. The test runs fine and I can see the XML message in SXMB_MONI Transaction in my R/3 system and even the test says 'Successful with Empty Result'. My question is how would I know if the message/call has reached PI? Is there any thing like SXMB_MONI to see the incoming messages/Calls in PI?

Given that I have defined Business/Technical System for the R/3 but I haven't configured the Receiver party for the communication. I only have connection between PI and R/3 and besides that I haven't done any configuration for the sender.

Your time and help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Adil Khalil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Kindly refer below blog, which explains basic settings/Config to be made in r/3 and PI

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Proxy/AAE.htm

Regards,

Mastan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Is there any thing like SXMB_MONI to see the incoming messages/Calls in PI?

yes in PI also, we have Tcode SXMB_MONI to check the processed XMLs

I only have connection between PI and R/3 and besides that I haven't done any configuration for the sender.

you need to create ESR and ID objects in SAP PI.

Mere creation of connection(sm59) will not trigger any message to PI.

Regards,

Mastan vali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

first of all: Are you using dual-Stack or single-stack PI?

On dual-stack you can use SXMB_MONI on PI to check if the message reached PI. On single-stack system use the message monitoring via the PI start page:

Best Regards

Harald