Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOD Checks and Approval Improvements in CHARM 7.1

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I see in the standard that the system checks and informs that the Tester and Developer cannot be the same (which shows that SAP has consciously put in to some extent the SoD check). I was wondering if SAP is working more in this direction in the future SPs?

e.g. :

1) Change Manager and CAB should not be the same

2) Change Manager , CAB and Developer should not be the same

There are a few other topics also which any customer would need to modify the standard,

Would be great if someone could write a blog about these topics

a) The approval area is 'OPEN'. That is everybody wether even if he is NOT entered as Change Manager or CAB, provided he has the right authorizations, is able to approve. How can  i change this that ONLY the person who is really the CAB (or a member of cab) for that ZMCR is able to approve and for everybody else (even if they have the right auth) .. that field should be disabled

b) the approval procedure is just selecting the dropdown and choosing approved. Can we make this really a user/pwd combination which is generally the way approvals should be . It would make it more 'controlled' if this can be possible

Thx

Chandrakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrakanth,

1) Change Manager and CAB should not be the same

Yes you can achive this simply adding condition check called SAME_USER.

Search spro by "Make Settings for Change Transaction Types", as an example check SMMJ - E0009.

2) Change Manager , CAB and Developer should not be the same

same as per 1)

a) This feature is availablein Solman 7.1 SP 10 check this

If you want this for SP < 10 the only way is ABAP/BSP enhancement and development

b)You can make a dynamic or automatic Approval Procedure determination

Read Boris's blog is very nice

Cheers Dan

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniyal for the links.

I will try out the SAME_USER

about ping b ) the approval procedure, i was more looking for enabling the user to enter his password rather than just selecting "approved" from the dropdown, when he/she wants to approve a CR. Would you know how to accomplish this

A new question . What if i want to integrate an approval procedure also for the Normal Change (i.e in the change document). That is i want someone to approve before it can be transported to production

Thx

Chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrakanth,

This is not available by standard but! i done this for the General change and this is also can be available for ZMMJ.

But for this you will need strong customizing in different sections e.g. status profile, ppf actions, bsp configuration.

Still want to know how?

Rg Dan

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Dan

Yesssssssssssss 🙂

Just to notify . I have two questions listed in my last comment (second one starts with 'A new Question')

Thx

Chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrakanth,

Okay, sorry for delay have too much work...last days.

As soon as i have time i will update you.

Cheers Dan

Answers (0)