cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign N/W to WBS then create an activity & assign it to N/W.

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help on:-

1.) I have created a network using the BAPI FM ( BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE ) which I need to assign to the WBS.

2.) Create an activity ( i believe the BAPI FM is   BAPI_BUS2002_ACT_CREATE_MULTI ) and assign activity to the n/w.

PS:- I am writing a program which creates a n/w no and activity and which are assigned to WBS & its created n/w respectively.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirshna,

once again avinash here. ok coming to ur question

1.) I have created a network using the BAPI FM ( BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE ) which I need to assign to the WBS.

Answer: use BAPI "BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE" to change the network which u have created using bapi "BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE " in that bapi mention the WBS element.

2) Create an activity ( i believe the BAPI FM is   BAPI_BUS2002_ACT_CREATE_MULTI ) and assign activity to the n/w.

Answer: yes u can use the BAPI which u have mentioned for creating multiple activities and assign it to the network.

for both the bapi's u have to follow the same procedure as i had mentioned in my earlier thread.

Regards

Avinash

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

It got me thinking, for BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE we enter the values in parameters but when it comes to BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE for its import parameters ( i_number, i_network & i_network_upd ) we need to pass the values manually, RIGHT ? ? ?

Now in I_NETWORK structure should I mention only the WBS_element or all the values ( and then in I_NETWORK_UPD mark WBS_ELEMENT as 'X', right ? ?  ).

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

My first concern is that I want to pass the network value created by BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE to BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE ( both ot them are importing parameters firstly ).

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

One more thing I am not able to sink in is that:-   Why do I need to use BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE( to give WBS ) when I can give that value also in the other BAPI's.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/How+to+use+BAPI+in+Project+System+Module

I have got some info from the above site n now I am trying to figure it out without using BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE.

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

While using FM BAPI_BUS2002_CHANGE

1) in I_NUMBER give the interwork number which u have created using BAPI BAPI_BUS2002_CREATE

2) in I_Network enter the parameters which u want to update or change like WBS element in ur case.

3) in I_NET WORK_UPD enter the value "X"for the parameters which u have mentioned in I_NETWORK.

4) Click on the button execute.

u have to execute all the BAPIs in sequence as mentioned in ur previous thread.

Regards

Avinash

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

There is another strange problem I am facing.

In SE37 -> FM -> execute -> test sequence --- I used BAPI_PS_INITIALIZATION & BAPI_BUS2002_ACT_CREATE_MULTI .

And guess what, when I pass the network no to I_NUMBER nothing is being returned in the IT_ACTIVITY & RETURN table.

I have debugged but after the 2nd BAPI it's just switches off.

Is there some other BAPI needed to create an ACTIVITY.

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

First tell me whether u r able to assign NW to WBS Element or not with the solution provide by me?.

and coming to Activity creation and assigning it to NW. follow in the steps

1) enter NW number in I_NUMBER

2) in IT_ACTIVITY enter the activity which u want to create by giving the parameters as

ACTIVITY, CONTROL KEY,WORK CENTER, DESCRIPTION, WORK ACTIVITY UNIT OF WORK , DURIATION ETC as u like.

hope this will solve ur problem.

Regards

Avinash

former_member187692
Participant
0 Kudos

Avinash I have done creation of network & activity in separate programs. Now I 'll colaborate both in one piece.

( I did this way bcoz their were a lot of errors initially )